thirteen

"Thank you for coming, Im sure this isn't exactly your idea of fun" Edward told her, his hands in hers as he parked the jeep on the uneven land, the rest of the Cullen clan spread out on the lush green grass in front of them.

"It's okay, I brought headphones," Margo said, holding up a pair of noise-cancelling earbuds. Edward had told her ahead of time that it was loud, especially with the thunder in the background- but Margo said she wanted to try and be a part of it; it was important to him. Meeting him half way, like the book says.

The gesture made Edward smile at her lovingly as he gave her hand one last squeeze before getting out of the car, moving fast around to the side to open her door.

Now that Margo knew about him, she felt she understood him more; after some research of course. There were barriers for her. Not everything was black or white, a lot of things that dealt within the subject of human personality were things she didn't understand or couldn't connect back to someone. For example, Margo wouldn't always realize that because of how someone was raised, they act a certain why in the future. Her being one of those people. But knowing what time period Edward came from, made her understand why he holds the door open, or why he's as respectful as he is, why he's being patient with her. Historical Science if you will.

"Margo! It's so good to see you!" The mother of the clan smiled as the couple walked towards the field. The girl could feel everything rush insider her; some feelings she recognized like fear and there were some she didn't.

"Hello Mrs.Cullen" Margo smiled. She kept a safe distance from the woman as Edward came up behind her. Margo watched as Esme's eyes met her sons; and something happened that Margo didn't really understand and suddenly she felt awkward standing between the two to of them.

"Thank god you two are here; we need more umpires"

"She thinks we cheat"

"I know you cheat"

"My brother always cheats at Scrabble, I get how frustrating it can be"Margo told Esme, making the mother figure smile at the girl as they began walking; the teenage girl feeling an absence as soon as she was more than five feet away from the boy.

"Edward tells me its just the two of you"Esme started as the two of them began to walk off the field.

"Yes. He's a great older brother" Margo told her, nodding her head as she started playing with the skin around her thumbnail.

"He sure sounds like it"

"You talked to him?-"The sound of the thunder cracking cutting the girl off as her eyes met Edwards, a scared looked laced through her eyes as she waved shy, trying her best to look like she was having a good time. Placing one of the headphones in her ear, Margo took a deep breath in as she pulled Edwards hoodie closer to her.

"Its time!"Alice yelled

"Call them as you see them girls" Esme smiled, wrapping her arm around only Bella, understanding the personal boundaries Edward had taken over an hour to explain to everyone. Rose walked up to bat first, making Margo move closer to Bella and Esme so she wasn't in the way.

The loud noise made Margo jump, slightly confused as she had hardly been able to to see the ball before Rosalie hit it. The girl sometimes couldn't believe what she was witnessing; how something so inhuman, so fast, was real. She didn't understand just how real everything was- it just seemed like a topic she couldn't really wrap her head around; even with proof.

"That's gotta be a home run" Bella said, watching as he flew towards the trees.

"You'd be surprised how fast he is" Esme told the girls, watching as a small smile spread across Margo's lips.