birthday surprise

[ ]

Huening Kai peeked his head from behind the kitchen counter and unconsciously licked his lips as he stared at the unguarded cake in front of him. Naeun had her back turned away as she rummaged through the cabinets looking for extra candles. It was Beomgyu's birthday and since practice had ended early, the members decided to surprise him with a cake.

"Finally" Naeun said grabbing the candles and turned around only to find Huening Kai in the midst of sticking his finger into the icing, "Kai!"

His eyes widened, frozen in position. Naeun looked at the maknae with an unamused expression, "You couldn't wait, could you?"

"But it looked so good Noona!" He exclaimed sticking out his bottom lip. The older girl quickly shut her eyes knowing what the effect of his puppy dog face had on her. One look and she would immediately cave in. Naeun shook her in refusal and pointed for him to get out. Huening Kai let out a sigh of defeat and began to trudge out of the kitchen.

"How's the cake going?" Soobin asked as he entered the kitchen. He looked over at the cake and furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed the dented part of the icing, "I said to help her with the cake not eat it."

Huening Kai roamed his eyes elsewhere, avoiding eye contact, pretending not to hear what Soobin had just said. He looked back at his hyung with a shocked expression, "What? Me?"

Soobin face palmed himself as Naeun laughed at the both of them. Quickly lighting each candle, she carefully picked up the cake and made her way down the hallway with the boys trailing right behind her. Huening Kai knocked on the door three times, bouncing on the balls of his feet, unable to contain his excitement. On the other side of the door, Taehyun and Yeonjun had been stalling Beomgyu the whole time. Taehyun heard the secret knock and hinted at Yeonjun to turn off the lights.

"What the—"

The door swung open and all of them began to sing,

"Saeng-il chukhahamnida
Saeng-il chukhahamnida
Saranghaneun Beomgyu-shi
Saeng-il chukhahamnida!"

Beomgyu stood there completely stunned, eyes slightly teared up as his smile continuously grew bigger. As they finished singing the song, Naeun approached the birthday boy and held the cake out towards him, "Make a wish!"

He looked up at his Noona who held a loving expression and then at his brothers who were all smiling brightly. He closed his eyes and leaned in to blow out the candles making everyone clap and cheer. Yeonjun swung his arm over the younger boy and asked, "What'd you wish for?"

Naeun gave him a really look, "Don't you know if he says it out loud then it won't come true?" Yeonjun shrugged, "I tried."

"So how about that cake?" Huening Kai suggested making everyone laugh.

As all of them gathered around the cake, slicing it into pieces, Beomgyu stood back watching all of them. Laughs filled the room as Tae reached over and placed icing on Naeun's nose causing her jump in surprise. Her face formed into an oh it's on expression as she tried to do the same back. Missing Taehyun, Naeun accidentally wiped the icing on Yeonjun instead. "Wait no!" She exclaimed as he began to chase her around the room.

Little did they know, all Beomgyu wished for had already come true. Everything he had ever wanted was right in front of him.

author's note: happy birthday chestnut! you deserve all of the happiness in the world <3

author's note:
happy birthday chestnut! you deserve all of the happiness in the world <3

hi guys, i hope you enjoyed this mini birthday scene
i tried my best lol it's currently 3am and my eyes r burning
also REQUESTS ARE OPEN :)