Chapter 2

Per felt as if he had difficulties settling in. As fantastic as the mansion was with all its amazing technology he spent most his time in his room, watching whatever was uploaded to The Tube on his gaming PC. The only other students he ever spoke to was Jean and sometimes Scott. Jean did her best to make him feel welcomed, trying to build a bridge between him and the rest.

Now at Friday Per was starting his first day at Bayville high. The high school (or gymnasium as its called in Sweden) back home wasn't that good and Bayville seemed pretty the same on the surface. The main difference was that they clearly put most of their budget towards sports. He heard that America loved sports but this really showed it clear as day. The students still had this unspoken hierarchy. The jocks, cheerleaders and hotties at the top. Then the normies, the ones who dressed differently like the goths. And the nerds and geeks at the bottom. Yup it was pretty much the same.. Well expect that Sweden, or any European country, didn't have cheerleaders.

The first thing he had to do was the meet the principal. A middle aged man named Kelly. He seem polite enough but there was...something about him. Something about that look in his eyes when he read that he was enrolled in the Xavier institute. After that he was handed his schedule and was sent off to class. 'Ok so....biology. Great....gross stuff..' the paper didn't say where it was tough. So either he went looking, hoping that if he ran late the teacher would give him a break as a new student. That or asking someone....Risk getting late then... He walked corridor to corridor checking every sign at every classroom. Math, science class, history, geography. Dear lord how big was this damn place? And the hallway was empty, classes had started already...dammit! Now he had to enter it midway, everyone would stare at him!

At long last he found it, biology. And the class was already five minutes in! He took some deep breaths and and double checked his schedule. Yup this was it..

And his biology book with pen and note block? Check.

Alright then... just one thing left..

*

The first half of the day went off but he hated getting late. The teacher introduced him before he could sit down, standing there with the whole class staring at him was...awful. Just terrible... he wanted to keep as low profile as possible. He learned that with teenagers, the less attention you draw to yourself the better you are off.

Now for the easy part of the day....lunch. When he got there the entire cafeteria was already filled. The sounds of talking, metal grazing against the porcelain plates and teenage desperation to advance their social status drummed against his ears. The lunch lady loaded up some of that bland, boring and frankly gross looking food on his plate and he was off to find a free seat. The only problem? They were all taken! Everywhere he looked there wasn't a single free table! And sitting next to strangers was a bad idea! He waltzed around looking, and feeling, like a lost puppy in a giant maze of big dogs.

He probably was looking like a complete fool and desperately hoped that someone would move soon so he could get a free spot. He just wanted to eat his boring looking lunch and be on his way.. damn high schools... 'Hey Per over here!' he looked over and saw the familiar face of Jean. He strolled over, trying to look as normal as possible. 'Hi Jean.' 'Hey sit here.' 'But the table is full..' she didn't seem concerned as she and Kurt moved a bit further away, making room between them. It seems as there was no room to protest so he placed his food there and grabbed a nearby free chair, sitting down between them. 'So hows your first day going?' 'Its ok. Nothing particular happening.' 'Just wait till you get to math. Miss Malcolm is like totally brutal!' Kitty warned him. The conversations between them went on as Per just sat there eating, barely speaking a word.

*

The day progressed roughly. Per constantly got lost between every class but somehow managed to make it on time.