Chapter 5

The door opened up to Per's hospital room, revealing Ororo carrying a tray of breakfast. 'Good news young man. The professor says you're ready to get out of this room today.'

She placed it down on the small fold able table over his bed. It had all the usual stuff he ate. Oatmeal, sandwich with a slice of cheese and coffee. 'Good. I'm unbelievably bored in here.'

He just had time to take his first sip of coffee with Ororo spoke again. 'Per, are you alright?' 'I'm fine, why?' 'Well after you woke up you were..well..in a bad shape emotionally.' 

'I know it seemed scary but I had those dreams before. It happens.'

'That seems all the more reason to talk about it.' 

'Why? It wont change what happened..' 

'I know it wont. But take it from someone who's been there, keeping inside, trying to carry that burden yourself, its not healthy. Let me help you.'

'I can handle it Ororo. I'm used to emotional turmoil.' 

'That will only destroy you in the long run.' he didn't respond after that but just stared down his oatmeal.

'Alright then...I wont force you. But know that I'm here for you.' she gently patted his shoulder before leaving.

Ororo was a sweetheart really but she was also so...mom like..

Was she always this worried about them?

*

'Any progress on the boy Ororo?' 'No, he's like my nephew in that manner. Stubborn and always wanting to handle his personal problems himself.' 'I was afraid that would be the case. Only that Per's struggles are far more severe than Evan's as you witnessed personally. For now we keep an eye on him. But sooner or later I fear those demons of his will catch up.'

'I'll be there and ready when it happens Charles.'

*

The others did their regular thing, playing around with their powers outside throwing balls and such around. Per on the other hand was just happy to actually be up and walking.

He went outside sitting by the pool in the back, enjoying some sunlight. Hopefully nothing more would come up. The last few days had been a constant struggle. From a jealous contest to ghost hunting for Mystique and finishing of by almost getting killed by a rampaging, multipowered Rogue.

For now all he wanted was a few days of silent, peaceful *THUD* he flew up at the sudden strike at this stomach. 'Oh crap sry Per!' it was just a basketball. He handed it back over to Jubilee. 'So you're finally up?' 'I am and good thing to. Its boring down there in the infirmary.' She was taken aback as she saw his face upon him turning around. 'Woah!..' 'What?'

'Sry, but your face..she really did a number on you.' 'Oh you mean the black eye? Most of the bruises comes from Mystique really.' 'Really? I did hear she went after Rogue but you fought her?' 'One on one! She was tough but I ended it with blowing her off into the forest.' 'Woah...you're like...pretty cool! Wanna join us?' 'Nah, I'm still feeling pretty weak after all that.' 'OK maybe later then.' she hurried back to the others, resuming the game. However despite how good the day was Per felt uneasy. He had shown his most vulnerable side to them now! Now even Emma knew of his...problem. Sometimes he would dream of his parents and wake up breaking down crying. Because of course he did! They were his parents! And the....incident only happened three years ago. He would most likely deal with this for a long time..

*

'How are you feeling kid?' Logan asked as he delivered Rogue her lunch. 'Much better. The headaches have finally stopped.'