Chapter 8

'Tell me friend Pride, who do you think is stronger? Me or Superman?' 'I..don't really know...'

'Maybe I shall challenge him to a duel! Test my Norse strength against his...' 'Super strength?' 'Yes!'

Kitty merely shook her head as if to say "typical him". She only met him and already learned of Thor's obsession with "warriors honor".

Some tables away in the cafeteria Batman sat with John Steward, one of the League's green lanterns, enjoying his morning coffee before returning to investigating the energy surges. The League members who went to the places all reported the same thing. Large pillars watched over by cultists in red robes. And all had some protection against telepathy..

Not to mention their training to resist interrogation, even Batman had trouble getting anything from them. Just kept muttering about their "master" and how "the end of humanity was at stake". A story he had heard so many times already..

There was one other lead he had.. 'Glow! Come join us.' The young man seemed surprised by this but sat down at with them. 'So Per right?' 'Yes sir'

'Please call me John. How are you settling in here?' 'Pretty good I guess, got a lovely view.' 'Nothing quite like space isn't it?' 'Ya..'

Batman was about to bring up his powers but Martian Manhunter's voice suddenly appeared in his head.

'Team we have a situation, bring our guests.'

*

The rain smacked against the window of Lex Luthor's windows, as he shared some coffee with his last nights guest.

They currently sat on two couches facing each other with a table in the middle. 'So Magneto I told you everything I know.'

'So it would seem, Lexcorp doesn't exist in my world so that could only mean one thing. Whatever that light was it transported me to a alternative earth.'

'Yes I would agree with that assessment since if these mutants did exist here I would know about them.'

The gray haired man took another sip of his coffee and thought over his options. Trapped in a strange alternative earth with no way to get back and his best, perhaps only, source of information was this bald man who just smelled of corruption..

It wasn't looking good..

'Perhaps I could offer you my services. I am after all quite knowledgeable of this earth.' 'Do you have a way for me to return?' 'I could find it, with my near unlimited resources and cutting edge technology I'm the best ally you can have.'

He did have a point...'But there's a price to pay.' 'There always is.. Just help me with a few small errands using your magnetic powers and I'll research a way to get you back home. A businessman's promise.'

'What sort of errands?' 'The kind that ordinary humans would find near impossible...' '....I'm listening..'

*

'This isn't good, the data clearly shows that the fusion between our dimensions are accelerating, the energy waves are picking up speed.'

'We need to find a way to shut it down until then' The the screen took up a bunch of camera footage, showing chaos in the streets. 'Oh boy...more people are getting transported, we need more League member on the ground.' 'Send the guests, they might know some of these people and can be of better use.'

*

Lance felt like this morning was extra peaceful, he couldn't put his finger on why but it somehow was.. Birds where chirping and the air felt fresher, it was overall a nice morning.