Chapter 3

'Ok now lets try this theory of yours.' Per fired up his red glow and held on to Ororo's shoulder. She lifted her hands in the air and....nothing. 'I can't. Its like my powers suddenly vanished.' 'It seems you're right Per. The red glow does indeed cancel other peoples powers. The question is, does it only apply to other mutants or does it cancel other powers to?' Xavier questioned from the controls of the danger room.

'Other powers?' 'I don't know if you seen the news but there are more than just mutants walking the earth as the Nevada desert discovered just last year.' 'Charles you mean that thunder god don't you?' 'Indeed I do. I already confirmed with cerebro that he isn't a mutant or he would be seeing clearer than anyone right about now. However back to the topic at hand we may find out another day whatever the red glow will work on beings like him or not. For now we got a nice counter for the stronger, more advanced mutants out there. And that's a good sign. For now get changed, schools starting soon.'

*

At lunch the others questioned him about it and while it was good news they did feel a bit unnerved by the possibility of their powers being canceled out. 'That's scary dude, I'm just glad you're on our side.' Kurt commented. 'Well look at it like this. We already got one that absorbs powers long before Per joined and it saved us plenty of times.' Jean reassured them.

'That's right, there's nothing to worry about. The brotherhood and Magneto's team. Now THEY are the ones who should be afraid now that we got our own super mutant.' Scott did feel a sense of pride over the X-men now. No longer did they have to fear Wanda who once single handedly beat all of them herself.

Per however wasn't feeling so reassured. He knew that Mystique still wouldn't give up and now, knowing that raw power wouldn't work she would try other ways. And being a sneaky shapeshifter....well that didn't help calm his paranoia.

Trough the whole day he constantly looked around him. Watched every student, every bird, Mystique could be anywhere. Be anyone!

The rest of the day went on as normal. Unsurprisingly he didn't see a single sign of Mystique and as promised Jean drove him back on her SUV. 'You look like you have something on your mind.' 'Ya..perhaps.' 'Wanna talk about it?' 'Its just this whole Mystique thing. She can be anyone right? Including every animal on the planet?' 'Yes..' 'Well how do I know when she's spying? When she's planning her next kidnap attempt?' 'I dunno. But she wont dare anything when you're not alone. And especially not at school with hundreds of witnesses.' 'After the park I'm not sure if there really is a limit she's unwilling to cross.' 'Well how about we start working out strategies of our own when we get back? She's clever but not unstoppable, I'm sure there's some way to counter her.' 'Well its not gonna be difficult.' 'Everything worth doing is.'

*

'I HAD IT WITH THE X FREAKS!!' the entire brotherhood house shook violently because of a rampaging avalanche. Shelves fell on the floor and furniture constantly moved around the rooms, one couch even falling out the window. 'Lance ! calm down!!' Pietro yelled while dodging flying furniture. 'SCREW THAT!! IM DONE TAKING THIS!!' then his power suddenly shut down and a irritated Wanda stood by the doorway. 'You know what Mystique thinks about you destroying her house.' 'The real reason you slobs lost is cause you can't fight properly!' Mystique suddenly appeared out of nowhere. 'The X-men trains constantly! Honing their skills and practising strategies! All you boys do all day is lazying around my house! Well that stops now.. While I'm gone I expect all of you to train as well!' 'Train?! err you sure about..' 'Quiet Toad!! I don't have time to train you lazy slobs as my roll demands me staying out on the field for extended periods of time so while I'm gone Wanda is in charge!' they all suddenly looked at her nervously.

'Wanda? You sure?' 'Do you have a problem with that brother??' 'NO! Not at all! In fact I like it! Great plan!' 'So glad you approve Pietro. Now she's the only one who's ever received training in this group so I expect you all to follow her orders as you do mine! Now I have some more intelligence gathering to do so I suggest you get started.' Mystique turned to a raven and flew out the broken window.