Chapter 6

For once things were quiet. The one and half week left before the girls dance passed by with no more incidents. Per was yet even more quiet and distant. The instructors were among the few who knew about the mission and gave him his space, the others only sensed something was up and respected his privacy, although Jean made sure he knew that she was available to talk. When he wasn't grieving over his parents he was figuring out the staff he stole from Loki. It enhanced his powers in some way that much was sure, but could he use it for other purposes even without magic? Charles was critical about using it tough, seeing it as dangerous.

'I'm just saying that we know nothing about this artifact, it could prove dangerous.' 'In his hands then ya!' 'We really should study it more closely.' 'And what better way then using it in the field?'

'Are you saying it that because you believe it so? Or is it more of revenge?' Per looked grim at Charles after he said it.

'That man murdered my parents! How would you feel about it?!' 'I understand that you want payback but revenge only breeds more pain and suffering. I know this personally.'

'Then consider it protecting others like myself, he needs to go down!' 'I agree, but there is a better way to do so.' 'You know as much as I that no man made prison can hold a demigod!'

'No it can't, which is why I have requested some help.'

The alarm went off and thunder was heard outside.

'A storm? But its been sunny all day!'

'He's finally arrived.'

They headed outside to see a large, swirling portal above them and a figure flying down towards them. It stopped suddenly right above the ground, revealing a man dressed in shiny armor, a helmet with two wings on each side and a very long, flowing red cape. He held a large hammer in his hand and stared them down with sky blue eyes.

'I am Thor, son of Odin and god of thunder. I seek a professor Xavier.'

'That is me, Charles Xavier a pleasure to meet you.' he rolled forward extending his hand. 'Ah yes the earthly greeting of shaking hands.' he returned the favor. 'So where is my brothers sceptre?' Per reluctantly showed it.

'Yes, there's no mistaking Loki's sceptre.' 'How much of a risk is Per at while using it?' 'I'm more surprised he can use it all considering he's an earthling. Normally people born on Midgard can't use Asgard magic, so I wonder who exactly you are..'

'I'm just a mutant, that's all.'

'Per here is Swedish, of viking decent, so could that perhaps give him some manner of connection?' 'Viking? Ah yes! The humans who used to worship my people if I remember correctly. No it doesn't work like that.'

'Then do you at least know why Loki was after my powers?'

'I was hoping to get some kind of clue about that from you actually.'

'So this was for nothing then?'

'You have to excuse him Thor. Per has been under a lot of stress lately and is understandably frustrated.'

'Well it might, or it might not. To go back to you original question then no, I don't believe Per is at any risk using it. But Loki will want it back eventually. I'll return to Asgard and see if there's something I can learn in our lore. If you discover something then just relay it to the avengers.'

The thunder god stepped back and grabbed the small leather bind at the end of his hammers wooden grip.

He swung it at high speed and shot up in the air, vanishing as if he broke straight trough the sky.