Chapter Eighteen

"I know what we can do for our first date." Fergie says, coming into my room unannounced. He usually knocks on the door; I guess he doesn't knock this time because my door is open.

"Well hello to you, too." I playfully scoff.

"Sorry." He chuckles. "Hey!"

"Hi." I roll my eyes. "So what do you have in mind?"

"Oh, you'll see." He smirks.

"You're not gonna tell me?"

"No." He shakes his head.

"What was your reason of comin' in here if you wasn't gone tell me." I narrow my eyes at him.

"I'll tell you soon enough." He smiles. "Just promise you'll come watch movies with me and Dev."

"I'm busy." I shake my head.

"Girl, you ain't doing nothing but watching tv." He laughs, pointing to my television screen.

"Like I said, I'm busy."

"Too busy for me?" He deviously smirks.

"I don't like that sneaky look on your face."

Without a warning, he runs to my bed and jumps on me. He wraps his arms tightly around my body and places kisses all over my forehead.

"Fergie, get off." I giggle, attempting to pull his arms off of me.

"But I like being cuddled up next to you." He playfully whines.

I stop trying to take his arms off of me and I relax against his body. It feels a bit weird cuddling with him, but it also feels right at the same time. He nudges his head between my neck and shoulders, relishing the feeling of my skin.

"You can't cuddle with me until our first date is over." I joke.

"Girl, you'd better let me cuddle you." He kisses my shoulder and my skin tingles with excitement.

We cuddle for what feels like hours, although it's only minutes. Maybe this isn't so weird after all—cuddling with my brother's best friend. He told me that he liked me, so this can't be weird. This has to be a normal thing for us, or any couple for that matter. I have to use the word 'couple' lightly. We're not official yet, but we're definitely something.

And then I ruin it when I try to synchronize my breathing with his. I ultimately fail and end up gasping for air.

"Are you okay?" He asks, sitting up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sheepishly say.

"What happened?" He looks at me with worried eyes.

"I was just tryna breath the same as you." It sounds incredibly stupid now that I say that aloud.

"You're too cute." He pokes my arm.

"That was embarrassing." I shake my head.

"I can't wait." He just smiles at me.