How Deep the Roots Go - Book One

Part One :  Synopsis/Pitch

Temperance Augustine is in the midst of battling with the recent weakening of her blood tied gift... One that has been inherited through generations of the Augustine women.  With the recent death of her mother, she finds herself forging ahead with as much grace as she can harbor, and with little to no answers.  In a moment of weakness, she is convinced by her best friend to visit a Tarot Card Reader right in her home town; New Orleans, LA.  It is within that very room that Temperance soon discovers that the parting of her gift is not by mistake, but being depleted by something more powerful than she could ever imagine.

Temperance unveils that a gift like hers was bestowed for a purpose, and was chosen long ago to face a battle of good and evil − marked already in the pages of fate. Tasked with the responsibility of locating something that was seized from a different realm, Temperance must find her faith, and open her eyes to the possibilities of what the human eye cannot see, and what her lack of hope has closed her heart to.  Within her journey she meets Roman, a tall dark handsome package of a man, whom she reluctantly allows in her busy life. He is a key to her venture, and the war to come.  But with every love there comes a trial. Temperance and Roman have a duty and honor they pledge their loyalty to, but with that commitment comes a choice − a choice of love or duty. The profound trials a heart endeavors are tender, and at times, merciless...