Chapter 21

A whole day had gone by where Lorenzo made many phone calls. Lorenzo sat with Martina, Silvio and Luca are now back in the living room as they spoke of what would occur when everyone arrived. As they thought of how to go at this situation, Celeste and Hye-Jin were on the other side of the door attempting to ease drop on their conversation while Trinity watched as she ate Cheetos.

"Can you hear them?" Celeste whispered.

"No, they aren't loud enough," Hye-Jin asked as the two hid behind a door.

"This is dumb," Trinity said as she threw a Cheeto into her mouth. The two shushed her before turning back and leaning closer to the door.

"Who is she anyway?" Hye-Jin asked.

"Martina, Lorenzo's ex-dead wife," Celeste said. Hye-Jin pauses for a second before she turned around to Celeste with a confused expression.

"What?" She asked.

"His wife who supposedly died, but is actually alive. She is his ex-wife because signing her death certificate annulled their marriage," Trinity explained.

"Ohh," Hye-Jin said. When Hye-Jin heard the door bell ring, she and Celeste ran over to Trinity and pulled her to the staircase. They stood by it and tried to act as if they were not just trying to ease drop, which they failed to do. Lorenzo walked out of the living room and over to the house entrance where he opened the door revealing multiple faces that were foreign to the girls.

"Welcome," Lorenzo said as he opened the door wide, allowing his friends to enter. The girls watched the friends interact with each other while they were completely oblivious to what was going on.

"Lorenzo," Celeste called as she stood and walked over to him. He turned and excused himself before he made his way to her.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Lorenzo, who are all these people?" she asked.

"Just some old friends," he said looking at his old friends with a grin.

"You have friends?" She asked jokingly. He turned to her and furrowed his eyebrows. She laughed and smacked his arm lightly. "I'm kidding...kinda. Anyway, what are they doing here?"

"I need their help with something. Don't worry it's nothing important," he said before he gave her a kiss and walked back to his friends and guided them into the living room, but not without Javier teasing him on his moment of affection with Celeste.

Once they all entered the living room, they froze. Martina stood from the couch and waved to them all with a smile they never thought they'd see outside of their memory.

"Hello everyone," she said with a smile.

"Martina," Axel whispered. She walked towards him happy to see her old friend. Martina and Axel were extremely close, he saw her as a little sister. He was absolutely heartbroken when he heard of her death, so seeing her alive is like a miracle to him. He held onto her hands and looked her head to toe in amazement.  "You're-you're alive? How?"

"It's a really long story, but I came for a reason. I need help," she said. 

"Of course," he said with a smile

"Of course," he said with a smile. The two embraced each other for a moment that didn't last long, but to them felt like years, before they broke apart with smiles on their face.

Lola, who was also very close to her, felt the opposite. When she saw her, she immediately felt hate, anger, and resentment. Lola already struggles with being able to trust people, so seeing Martina alive only proves to her that having that mentality is true. She was hurt that Martina was alive this whole time because she never heard from her once. She felt that all her time mourning was absolutely wasteful and meaningless.

"I can't believe this?" Lola said before she turned around and left the living room.

"Lola, Wait," Martina called out as she ran after her. She managed to catch her before she could open the front door to leave. "Lola..." she began, but was cut off.

"Don't-Dont fucking Lola me," Lola said infuriated.

"Lola, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I couldn't," she said.

"Why?" Lola asked. Martina opened her mouth, but quickly closed it back shut.

Lola wasn't in the mood to play these types of games

Lola wasn't in the mood to play these types of games. She left that life for a reason and she had no desire to return to it. Lola rolled her eyes and turned to leave, but Martina stopped her again.

"Wait, I promise you'll find out soon. Just trust me. Please," she begged. 

"You expect me to trust you? After you lied to me for all these years," Lola said. Lorenzo walked into the entrance and stood next to Martina. Martina turned to Lorenzo, silently pleading for help. 

"Then don't trust her, help her. You help us with this and you'll never have to see her again," Lorenzo said. Martina dropped her head down before slowly raising it with a frown on her face. 

"Fine," Lola said before she pushed passed the two and walked back into the living room to the others. Martina turned to Lorenzo with a shocked expression, unimpressed by the way he handled it. 

"Why would you say that?" Martina asked. 

"You want her help? That's how you get it. You hurt her Martina, you hurt all of us. We're helping you because you're family, but it'll take more than just apologizing to make it up," he said before he left back to the others. Martina slumped defeated and turned to go back to the living room, but stopped when she made eye contact with Celeste who sat alone on the staircase. Celeste watched as Martina smiled before she walked towards her and took a seat down next to her. Trinity and Hye-Jin had already went back to their room, leaving Celeste alone on the staircase. The two sat in silence unsure of whether or not to speak their thoughts. Celeste didn't enjoy the awkwardness of the silence, so she decided to engage in conversation. 

"Are you good?" She asked. 

"No, not really," Martine replied in a soft tone.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she'll come around," She said.

"You heard all that?" Martina asked.

"Yeah, I've been here the whole time. It'll take time and some work, but you can gain back her trust," she said.

"It's not just her," Martina said.

"Lorenzo's a good person and he cares about his family. He would never turn his back on you and you can see that now with him choosing to help you. No matter how hurt he is, he'll forgive you," she said as she placed a comforting hand and Martina's shoulder.

"Thank you, you're right," Martina started before looked dead in Celeste eyes before continuing. "I'll do anything to get my family and husband back, and I don't care who gets in my way," Martina said before she stood and left Celeste on the staircase confused and shocked by her words.

"What the fuck?" Celeste asked herself based on what just happened.