Chapter 45

It had been three months since the Costa mission happened. It was a success, but at the expense of some of their members. Lorenzo became paralyzed from the waist down and Silvio remained in a coma. However, it wasn't all bad. Hye-Jin was reunited with her sister and Celeste told Lorenzo that she was pregnant with his child. At first he was filled with worry and doubt, unsure that he would make a good father, but those negative thoughts were overcome by the feeling of joy and excitement because there was no one he'd rather have as the mother of his child than Celeste. So he was excited to be having a child with her.

Celeste and Lorenzo went out for the first time in over a month. Lorenzo asked Celeste to dinner because he wanted to propose to her that night.

"So, what the occasion?" She asked.

"What I can't just take you out for dinner?" He asked.

"The last time we went out for dinner, I got said in the leg," she said before she took a bite of her burger. Lorenzo wanted Celeste to pick where she wanted to go. She decided to keep it simple and to just go out to a diner. Lorenzo wasn't opposed because he had never eaten at a diner and was curious about what it was like. Celeste researched which diners in town had wheelchair ramps and accommodated to those with physical disabilities.  He told her she didn't need to go through so much trouble, but she wanted them both to enjoy the night.

"I apologized for that," he said as he chuckled. 

"Yeah, Yeah, it still hurt," she said. 

"Want me to kiss it better?" He asked with a smirk. 

"When we get home you can kiss me everywhere," she said.

"I like the sound of that. You're right though, there is a special reason why I brought you here," he said.

"What is it? What's the special reason you want to take me out?" She asked. Lorenzo reached down to his blazer pocket and prepared to pull out the case with the ring inside when his cellphone rang. He groaned before pulling it out and answering it.

"Hello?" He said.

"Is this Lorenzo Russo, emergency contact for Silvio De Luca?"

"Yes? What is it? Is he okay?" He asked.

"Who is it?" Celeste asked.

"The hospital," he mouthed.

"Yes, he's fine. Better actually. I just wanted to inform you that mister De luca has awoken.  You can see him right away," she said. 

"Really?  That's great, we'll be there right away," Lorenzo said before he hung up.

"What's going on?" She asked. 

"Silvio, he's awake," he said.

"Great, lets go," she said.  She was about to call over the server when Lorenzo stopped her. 

"Wait, I know this is a bit more rushed than I wanted, but I still want to do it here,"Lorenzo said.  He slowly lifted himself with his arms into his wheelchair and moved to the side of Celeste. 

"Lorenzo, what are you doing?" She asked baffled. 

"Celeste, you are the love of my life.  You've gone through so much with me and continue to Day after day.  You were with me when my father died and when I lost my legs.  You are at the point where if you want to leave you can, but you don't.  You stay with me Day and night.  You are going to be the mother of my first born and I couldn't be happier.  You a smart, beautiful, funny, strong and so much more.  I'm lucky that I get to have you with me, but I want it to be forever.   So, Celeste," he said as he pulled out the the box and opened it up to reveal the diamond ring. Celeste eyes widened as she cover her mouth in surprise.