Chapter 31

Wednesday, the day of the wedding

It was a hectic day.  Everyone was trying to help the bride and groom get ready and make sure everything went well, while at the same time trying to collect themselves.  After a long talk with his father the night before, Lorenzo had managed to patch things up with his father.  Alphonso was happy that all of his children present at his wedding to his future new bride.  His sons agreed to be his best men and even Irene agreed to be the flower girl.  She hated the idea of it, but it made her dad happy and that was all that mattered to her. 

Celeste was happy at the fact that she got to go and even bring Trinity and Hye-Jin with her.  This will be her very first time attending a wedding and she couldn't be more ecstatic.   Right now she was with Hye-Jin and Trinity getting ready. Lorenzo wasn't home because he was at his fathers house helping him get ready with his brothers.  However, he told Celeste that he would have Silvio bring them all to the church where the ceremony was happening.

"Hey Celeste, How are we getting to the church?" Hye-Jin asked as she brushed out her freshly cut hair.

"Well, since Lorenzo has to help his dad prepare for the Wedding, he says Silvio is picking us up," Celeste said as she curled her hair.

"Silvio?" Hye-Jin asked as she stopped.

"Yeah, he's picking us up. Soon actually," Celeste said. Hye-Jin smiled before she turned to the mirror and applied red lipstick. Trinity and Celeste caught this. The looked at each other before they stood up and walked over to Hye-Jin. They stared at her until she realized.

"What?" She asked.

"So you and Silvio..." Celeste began as she pulled up a seat next to Hye-Jin while Trinity stood.

"Yeah, What about us?" She asked.

"So there's an us?" Trinity asked.

"No, not like that!" Hye-Jin said with wide eyes once she noticed what Trinity was implying.

"Oh really?" Celeste asked.

"Yes, really," Hye-Jin said.

"Oh just admit it. You have a crush on Silvio," Celeste said.

"A crush? God, what are we? In middle school?" Hye-Jin scoffed.

"Okay then you like Silvio," Trinity said.

"You know what, I do. So what, there's nothing wrong with that," Hye-Jin said.

"We didn't say there was anything wrong with that. I think you two would be cute," Celeste said.

"But do you think there's something wrong with that?" Trinity asked.

"It's just I was with my boyfriend for a really long time. I don't know I just feel like I've moved on too fast," Hye-Jin explained.

"Hye..." Trinity began as she placed her hand on her shoulder while Celeste held on to Hye-Jin's hand.  "He broke up with you and that's on him.  You don't have to feel bad about something you have no control over.  The heart wants what it wants and yours wants Silvio.  So don't hold back because you think you owe your ex something.  You don't.  Okay, so move on," Trinity said.  Hye-Jin smiles at her two friends with extreme gratitude.  She get that she was lucky to have these two in her life and could imagine living without them.  The three of them embraced each other for a little before they released. 

"Now enough of this heart to heart shit and let's finish getting dressed," Trinity said before walking away to put on her wig.  Hye-Jin and Celeste laughed at Trinity's attempt to act tough before they themselves left to their own things. After about 30 minutes later, they all had finished and were ready for the wedding.

 After about 30 minutes later, they all had finished and were ready for the wedding

They met up in the entranced as they prepared to leave. Trinity was the last to arrive became she had to change her shoes. Celeste and Hye-Jin gushed when they say Trinity in her floral white dress. It was odd for them to see her in such bright colours, especially without her red hair.

"Oh don't do that," she groaned at their expressions.

"How can we not you look so beautiful," Hye-Jin said.

"Is that the wig you were talking about? It looks so real, I love it," Celeste said.

"It is and thank you. I can't take any risks. Besides, you guys look really good too," Trinity said.

"Thank you," Celeste and Hye-Jin said.  Celeste received a notification from he phone and when she checked it, it was a message from Silvio informing her of his arrival. 

"You guys ready?" Celeste asked. 

"As ready as can be," Hye-Jin said.  The grabbed their jackets and headed out the door as Silvio was approaching them. 

*imagine he still has the scar

They looked at Silvio surprised.  It was the first time they had ever seen Silvio without his beard and Hye-Jin really took notice.

"My cars parked over there," he said as he pointed at the black Cadillac parked near the gate.  "Do you need me to bring it closer?" He asked.

"No, it's not that far.  We can walk it," Trinity said before walking pst him towards the car.  She stopped and turned when she realized that she was walking alone.  She went back and pulled Celeste away from the two, who just stared at each other silent, and proceeded back to the car. 

"You shaved," she said. 

"Mhmm.  The Russo's told me I had to because I needed to look "clean" for their fathers wedding.  I see you cut your hair," he said.  She instantly started to play with her hair while smiling awkwardly. 

"Is it bad?" She asked.  He shook his head with a smile and pulled her hand away from her hair then held it in his. 

"It's beautiful," he said. 

"Thank you.  You look really handsome yourself.  I think you look really good without your beard," she said with a smile. 

"Thank you, Hye-Jin," he said he slowly lead her down the stair and to the car with the others.  He opened the door for them in the back seat and waited till they were all in before he closed the door.  He got into the drivers sat and drove off towards the church where the wedding was happening.  The girls were exited to actually get to take part in a social gathering; however, this wedding was not going to end in tears of joy.