Chapter 27

Celeste and Lorenzo walked into the restaurant hand in hand.  While Lorenzo lead them to the front desk, Celeste was looking around and taking in the whole structure and design of the restaurant.   She couldn't believe that she'd be eating there.  It was something she'd alway dream of, but never thought that it was a dream that'd come true.

"Table for Russo," Lorenzo told the hostess. She grabbed two menus and guided them to their table.  Once they got to their table, she placed the menus down on the table before leaving.  Lorenzo pulled out the chair for Celeste and she gladly too a seat. He pushed it in a bit before moving to the other side and sitting in the chair across from her. After a little time went by the waitress arrived.

  After a little time went by the waitress arrived

"Hello, I'm Ester.  I'll be your server tonight. Is there anything I can start you for with?" She asked.

"A bottle of your finest, please," he said.

"No problem sir," she said before leaving to go retrieve it. Lorenzo looked at Celeste and found himself amused by her.  She looked like a kid who got the chance to go to wonderland with Alice.  She continued to look around smiling until she noticed Lorenzo laughing quietly. 

"What's funny?" She asked. 

"You," He said. 

"Me? Why me?" She asked.

"You just look so fascinated," he said.

"How could I not be. It's my first time in a real restaurant. It's more amazing than I ever could've imagined," she said.

"I'm glad you like it," he said.

"I do. Thank you, Lorenzo" she said before the waitress arrived with the bottle in hand. She popped off the screw and poured it into each of their glasses before placing it down on the table.

"Are you ready to order?" Ester asked.  Celeste picked up the menu and skimmed over it.  She gasped when her eyes landed on the price of the meals. 

"Uh.."Celeste said as she hesitated.  Lorenzo knew her hesitation was caused by the high numbers next to all the meals on the menu, so he spoke to help her feel at ease. 

"Celeste," he said.

"Mhmm," She said as she looked up from the menu to him.

"Order whatever you like," he told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, don't look at the prices. Just pick whatever you think looks good," he said.

"Okay, can I have a lobster fumet please," she said.

"I'll have the dry aged wagyu ribeye medium with the grilled vegetables please," he said as he closed the menu before taking Celeste's and his menu then handing it to Ester. She finished writing down their orders before taking the menus and walking off.

"Thank you again, Lorenzo," she said.

"Stop thanking me. I'm the one who asked you to dinner," he said before drinking from his glass.

"No, not just dinner. For everything you've done for me. You took me of the streets. Even though you had an ulterior motives, you still provided for me," she said.

"What do you think my motive was?" He asked.

"I saw Silvio kill someone," she said. Lorenzo laughed a bit as he slowly shook his head. "What?" She asked

"Celeste, If I really had a problem with you knowing what Silvio did. I would have had executed. I kept you with me because I saw something in you. Something intriguing and I wanted to more. I'm glad I did because you being in my life is one of the best things thats ever happened," Lorenzo said.

"Oh Lorenzo," she said before she leaned across the table. She lightly grabbed his head and place a kiss on his lips before she released and sat back on her chair.  Lorenzo bit his lip while staring at Celeste intensely.  Her eyes widened when she noticed the look of lust and desire in his eyes.

"No, we are in public," she said.  He placed his elbows on the table and got closer to her. 

"Then why don't we go somewhere private," he said

"Then why don't we go somewhere private," he said.  She responded by throwing a napkin in his face. "I don't like being teased, you know?" He said.

"Guess you're gonna have to get used to it," she said. Ester arrived with their food, plated and ready to be served.

"The Loster Fumet," She said as she placed the plate of food in front of Celeste.

"Yes, thank you," Celeste said.

"No problem and the dry aged Wagyu beef, cooked medium, with a side grilled vegetables," She said as she placed the plate of food in front of Lorenzo. "Will that be all?" She asked.

"That's everything, thank you," Lorenzo said before she walked off. The two are their food and made conversation while doing so. Once the finished, Ester arrived to gather their dirty dishes.

"Thank you," Lorenzo said as she took his first. She awkwardly smiled before moving to Celeste and taking her dishes. Before leaving back to the kitchen, she mouthed 'I'm sorry'. Celeste furrowed her eyebrows confused by Esters no longer cheerful attitude.

"What do you mean?" Celeste asked. Ester shook her head before she surged away.

"What's wrong? Do you want desert?" He asked.

"Lorenzo.." she began, but was interrupted by men who scale to their table and started taking cleaning up their table.

"What the fuck are you doing," Lorenzo asked. The men ignores him and finished by taking the glasses. Lorenzo stood, about to grab the man when two others came and pushed him back down.

"Lorenzo Russo," they heard. Lorenzo and Celeste turned in the direction the voice came from and stared at the man approaching them confused. "What do I owe the pleasure of having you dine in my restaurant," he said before snapping his fingers. One of his men ran and grabbed a chair for him. He showed him away and sat down at the side of their table. The man whispered to one of his men. The man nodded and motion for the others to follow him. Every other customer hurried to take their meals too go, paid their checks and exited the restaurant. The only people left in the restaurant was the man, his men, the restaurant manager, Lorenzo and Celeste.

"Now where was I? Oh right? Lorenzo Russo eating in my restaurant. God must be on my side," he said.

"Who the fuck are you?" Lorenzo asked.

"I see. Getting straight to the point. You may not know who I am, but your ex-wife does," he said. Lorenzo's look of confusion turned into a look anger. He scowled while glaring hard at the man who sat next to him.

"Raphael Costa," Lorenzo muttered.