Chapter 16

-Normal POV-

Serena was satisfied with herself. For once, she was able to make perfectly eatable waffles without burning the kitchen. As she happily ate the waffles that she made, her head dully throbbed. Shaking it off as being the effect for not getting enough sleep, she continued to eat the waffles.

When she was done, she put her plate in the sink and walked to the couch. As she plopped down on the couch, her head began to throb again, this time with more pain. Serena clutched her head and groaned. Suddenly, the tv switched on. All it showed was static.

The tv started showing something. It was one of Serena's memories of the past. It showed her 10 year old princess self, holding a sword with a smile on her face. Her hair was in its usual style, and she was wearing a long sleeved shirt and a skirt that reached just above her knees,with combat boots.

There was a man standing in front of her, also holding a sword with a smile on his face. He was wearing armor and he had dirty blond hair.

"Okay Serenity..." The man said. Serena remembered him as her father from the silver millennium.

"Are you ready to fight?"

"Oh I've been ready to kick your butt!" She cried as they started to fight.

They fought for what seemed like eternity, which was only ten minutes. Her past self ended up winning.

" The only reason you beat me is because I've taught you well." Her father stated with a grin.

"Whatever saves your self esteem." Serenity joked.

He suddenly sprung to his feet and chased after her. The girl ran and laughed, her klutzy side showing as she occasional tripped over air. Finally, the man caught up to her and scooped her up in his strong arms and started tickling her.

"Stop, st...oop! Please! I...'giggle'.. can't..breathe!" Serenity yelled, her face really red. He put her down, laughing at her antics.

After she caught her breathe, she looked up at her father with a huge smile. She was glad her mother allowed her father to train her, for now she was ready to train with her guards.

"We should go eat, don't want to keep your mother waiting." He put Serenity on his back, and gave her a piggy back ride all the way back to the palace.

The tv went static.

Serena was crying. That was the last time she had seen her father. Later that day, the sun kingdom went to war and her father had to help,for he was the sun king. He got hit by a bullet and died instantly. She had never got to say goodbye.

Serena listened to the static of the tv as she continued to cry. She felt something fall in her lap. It was a note with a locket attached. It was the locket her father gave her when she was a baby. She studied the locket, it had the symbols of the sun and moon kingdom. The symbols were intertwined together. Inside was a picture of her as a baby, her father, and her mother.

She looked down at the note.

'My Dear, sweet Serenity..

Please don't cry, for there is no reason. I miss you dearly. Don't worry, we will see each other again one day. In the meantime, look at this locket and think of your mother and I. We will be together again. I love you...

Sending all my love,

King Herald

She continued to cry, not noticing the symbol of the moon and sun shining on her forehead. What she did know was that her family was with her. And that's all that mattered.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

So this is something I threw together for you all since I have to go back to school for the week and I really wanted to write something. Next chapter will hopefully be up soon! I would really like to hear any ideas you have for this story or for a story! Your opinions matter!

•Roses for all my readers!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

•Daniela🌙💕