Chapter 18

Sailor Moon panted as she stood in front of the large abandoned apartment building. She shouldn't have ate so much pizza. If she had known that they would have to jump from rooftop to rooftop for a mile, then she probably wouldn't have ate more than half of the pizza.

'Oh who am I kidding' she thought, silently chuckling ' I think we all know either way I would have been tempted to eat it, I mean who wouldn't? Come on it's pizza! Cheesy goodness, topped with pepperoni...sausage...ha-'

She was snapped out of her thoughts as the other scouts voices registered in her mind.

"Hello, miss moon, if you could kindly get your mind out of the gutter and help us save the world, we would really appreciate it thanks" She grunted at Mars sarcastic remark.

"Can't you be nice for once Mars?" Moon grumbled as she followed the others into the entrance of the apartment complex.

They slowly walked through the dark, silent hallway. The only sound they could hear was the occasional sound of water dripping. They finally realized why the complex was abandoned. The lobby looked completely destroyed. The navy blue rug was tore up in certain areas, the walls covered in holes, puddles of water on random spots on the floor.

"Okay, the computer states that the enemy is on the highest floor"

"And how many floors are there?" Jupiter asks.

"Err, about 12" Mercury shrugs.

"12?!" The other scouts gasp.

"Come on guys, we have super human abilities, how hard can it be?"

-5 floors later-

Mercury took a deep breath as she slid down the wall.

"Okay, I admit, that did wear us out" Mercury whispered, totally out of breath.

"You think?!" the others whisper-yelled.

Suddenly, they heard a loud crash come from somewhere up the hallway. Taking a fighting stance, the girls slowly stood completely still, not even breathing for fear of alarming the intruder of their presence. Slowly, a slimy tentacle slid into the light from the dark hallway up ahead. The owner of the tentacle came out afterwards, making the scouts eyes go wide.

A giant looking toad with four long tentacles stood in front of the girls. It had something that looked like slime all over it's body, making squishy sounds when it moved.

Sailor Venus took no time to call out her attack. She whipped the chain at the toad-monster, starting the battle.

We can just say that battle was one of the weirdest but easiest battles the girls have ever fought.

-20 minutes later-

With the toad monster defeated and the girls pumped with energy, they quickly continued their journey to the twelfth floor.

On the way, they encountered some youmas, but nothing they couldn't handle. Finally, they made it to the eerily quiet hallway of the twelfth floor. Sticking out of one of the doors was a large tree root. Deciding to check it out, they slowly walked in.

"Welcome, Sailor Scouts." The scouts slowly turned around.

All they could see was a bright ray of light heading their way......

-Darien's bedroom-

Darien sat up with a gasp. He felt a great amount of pain in his head and could feel something tugging at his heart. He managed to get one word out of his mouth as he gasped for air.

"Serenity..."

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated.....well it feels long. I have written this chapter bit by bit since the last time I've updated. Also, thank you for all the reads! When I started this story, I expected to only have a few people read it, but I never expected it to get like this! It has been a wonderful journey, and I enjoy writing. I'm glad some people like my writing! I will hopefully have the next chapter up soon, but I make no promises, it makes me feel bad. Now, as always.....

•Roses for all my readers!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

•Your very frustrated but happy writer, Daniela🌹🌙