The Janitor's Closet

Travis knew Sal's secret.

Travis knew that Sal spent his late nights texting Larry, romanticizing those deep brown eyes, letting a pale shade of pink sweep his face. He knew that Sal and Larry had sleepovers every Friday night, and that they let their eyes droop and their thoughts wander until three or four in the morning. He knew that Sal would occasionally open up a photograph of Larry on his phone and gaze at his messy hair and light smile, picturing what it would be like to kiss those chapped lips and fall asleep in the arms of his taller companion.

Travis thought he knew exactly what Sal wanted. Sal wanted to take Larry away from his blonde boyfriend.

Except that wasn't what Sal wanted. Sal knew that he couldn't have Larry. He wasn't going to fight for the boy, as much as Sal might have wanted to. He knew that he couldn't do that to Travis, no matter how poorly Travis had treated him. Sal just wasn't that type of person, even if Travis thought otherwise.

Travis had it in his head that Sal was going to steal his boyfriend, and so he had to stop Sal before he could take Larry from him. In his head, the image was vivid. He would seduce Larry, kiss his neck until he was breathless. Then, when the moment was just right, Travis would take Larry by the hand and lead him to the janitor's closet, where he would take Larry's virginity, and Larry would be tied to him forever. It would be perfect, and Sal would never be able to completely take Larry from him, because they would share that moment with one another.

At least, that's how it was supposed to go.