Consent is Key, Larry

Sal took a sip from his glass of tea, confused as to what Larry was trying to say. "Okay, repeat the whole story, but this time make it slower."

"Well, Trav got me roses. I thanked him and he used some stupid innuendo joke on me, too! I thought he was joking but then I realized it wasn't a joke and was all like... oh. my. god. Did he really just use an innuendo on me-"

"Larry!" Sal shook Larry's arm in a feeble attempt to help him focus. "Stay on track. I need to know what happened."

"I'm sorry, Sal. So, then he wanted to do the do with me and I said no, obviously. I love romance and I am a sucker for that kind of thing, not for screwing my boyfriend in a closet. He started to kiss all over me anyways. He grabbed at me, too, and pulled me into the closet, and then did it and I never even told him he could!" Larry's cheeks flushed, an odd contrast against his tanned skin.

Sal's jaw dropped. "You didn't think to tell him no again?"

"I didn't. My head was spinning and it was really stuffy in the closet."

"You didn't think to stop him?" Sal continued, a sudden unkindness present in his typically welcoming eyes. "It was his fault, Larry, but you should have told him no. You should have fought and scratched and clawed and screamed at him because you deserve better than a man who wants to take you into the closet to get a cheap thrill out of you." Sal took a deep breath in before sharply exhaling. "Larry," Sal pressed, "Have you reported him?" 

Larry shook his head 'no', not appearing to see what was wrong with the situation.

"LARRY!" Sal shook the table, practically screeching at Larry. "Have you broken up with him?"

"Not yet. I don't want to break his heart, you know?" Larry smiled sadly.

Sal took a sip of his tea, admiring the sweet and warm liquid as it flowed openly into his throat, burning like Sal's undying rage surrounding the subject. The beverage had quenched his thirst just enough for Sal to continue scolding Larry.

"Larry," Sal said calmly, taking a different approach on the subject, "What is a person called when they force somebody to- do something with them and there is no consent?"

"Rape!" Larry exclaimed angrily. "Only, Travis didn't rape me, he just.." Larry suddenly realized what Sal meant. "Oh."

"Exactly! Consent is key!" Sal hugged Larry tightly, his arms clinging to every inch of fabric.

Larry look Sal directly in the eyes, taking every detail into his mind. From his electrifying blue hair to his slightly lighter sea foam eyes, Larry was in love- for real this time.

"Sal," Larry whispered, "Do I have your consent?"

Sal's eyes lit up with a sudden joy. Larry couldn't see it, but he was definitely blushing beneath the mask.

Sal lifted the bottom half of his mask, revealing the scar tissue that remained beneath. It didn't matter to Larry, of course, because he had already fallen way too hard to go back.

"That's a yes." Sail whispered.

Larry nodded his head, pressing his lips to Sal's.

"Hey!" A familiar voice called. "What's going on?!"