The library, the group, the challenge

The library, although quiet, is unusually tense. Unlike the lulling silence that it always has, it has a heavy atmosphere. 

All eyes are nervously darting towards the table at the furthest corner, admiration and fear intermingle as they peek over the group. 

"You broke up with Jiyoon yesterday?" asked the youngest, the only freshman in the group. Unlike how his question sounded, interest was void from his tone as if he asked only to confirm. 

"Yah" came the lazy reply from the shorter japanese, sparkly brown eyes fixed on the almost solved rubiks cube in his hand. With one last spin, he let out a devilish grin and raised his head, triumph plastered all over his face. "30 seconds, done. Pay up" 

A scowl creeped its way towards Hyunsuk's face as he stared at the solved cube that his japanese friend slid over the table. His hand immediately fiddled with his phone to stop the timer. "Is there anything that you can't do?"

Mashiho shrugged. Nothing as far as his aware of. There is nothing he can't do. Which is why life is boring and challenges are fun. 

"I told you, Hyunsuk-hyung is gonna lose again. Now, pay up" the usually quiet and poker faced japanese poked their maknae on his cheeks as he let out a rare soft smile. Haruto glared at the eldest and pouted. "I'll send it over to your house. Gosh, my dad is gonna kill me. You geek"

"Who told you to bet your dad's books?" cuts Yedam as he rolled his eyes. The black-haired fox eyed honor student leaned over the table pushing the books splattered on the table away from him. "I'm bored."

"Nothing new" sighs Yoonbin as he closed the book he was silently reading. Yedam raised his head towards the intimidating senior and the second oldest of the group as he questioned "Done with the book?"

"I don't need to read it to know how it would end"

"Anyways, Mashiho-hyung got dumped again so can we go to the arcade?" Haruto chuckled as he was hit by Mashiho on his shoulders lightly. 

"Mashiho dumped by people is a weekly thing" Hyunsuk frowned as he snatched the rubik's cube from the table and start messing up the colors again. "Why do we need to go to the aracade?"

"Why are you getting dumped every week, anyways?" Yoonbin raised an eyebrow as he searched through the pile of books splattered on the table as he asked the japanese. 

"Dating him is like dating air?" Asahi replied as he continued fiddling with his phone. Before Haruto could ask how he knew about it, the silent artist continued "Lim Yena, class 2-A wrote that on her essay homework titled A week of loving the air"

Mashiho fished the phone from his pocket with no care. He quickly scanned on the notifications on his phone and commented "Not my fault, I told them that I would not change even if they would date me and they said they would be okay with that so I agreed"

"No change with Mashiho means that he would remain unbothered and go his own routine regardless if you exist or not"  The group released a collective sigh as they agreed with Yoonbin's statement. 

"Oh!" the suddent exclamation from the blonde senior, the eldest of the group, caught the attention of everyone in the library earning a warning from the strict librarian. 

"What are you shouting for, idiot?" the other senior in the group, the black haired genius, glared at Hyunsuk. 

"I just thought of a nice idea!"

"Another idiocy?"Yedam whispered to Asahi who replied with an obvious shrug of his shoulder. 

"I think Mashiho is bad with relationships."

"I'm not, I just don't try" the topic of discussion defended himself with a snort. The blonde senior laughed at the statement though earning a deadly glare from the japanese. 

"Prove it. I know exactly the perfect challenge"

"Another idiocy, I see" Yedam pulled his body away from the table and grinned at the idea "but i like where this is going. Hey, Haru want to make that bet?"

"The same one?" Haruto chuckled with his low voice as he earned an affirming nod from the mischievously smiling honor student of their group. "Sure! Yoonbin-hyung, Asahi-hyung, you both in?"

"Yes" both responded in chorus, tone laced with interest and mischief. Haruto smirked as he mouthed the word nice. 

"So, what's the challenge?" Mashiho supported his head with his left hand leaning on the table, eyes patiently amused at the situation. Hyunsuk grinned."Make someone fall in love with you within a month" challenged the blonde. 

"Oh, that's interesting" a wicked smile spreading slowly on his lips, eyes sparkling with playfulness. "What do I get if I win?"

"Two dares that I can't refuse" 

" And if you win?"

" Same, two dares from you that you can't refuse"

" That's boring then. How about this, they-" Mashiho grinned at the group and continued "choose their camp, then the team that wins gets two dares from each member of the loser team that they can't refuse. You guys, in?"

"Of course, something this interesting is hard to come by" Yoonbin sniggered while the rest nodded in agreement. 

"That's a deal then"  Mashiho concluded as he turned his attention to the maker of the bet. The shorter senior stared at the group and smiled as he ordered "choose your camp then"

Yoonbin and Asahi chose Mashiho's camp while Yedam and Haruto chose Hyunsuk's camp. Mashiho was satisfied with his team while Yedam was having doubts over his team. 

"So, I can choose anyone I'd like as a target?" 

"No, it would be boring that way. You can just choose someone you know has a crush on you and bear with them for the next month. That's a waste" Yedam explained, his small eyes glinted with roguery as he pointed at the door. "The first one to enter that door would be your target"

As if on cue, the door opened revealing a familiar tall senior student. The school's vice president entered the library with an amiable smile on his face. 

"The vice pres, huh? A neutral ground, let us see your ways, Mashi" Hyunsuk let out a cackle as he watched the frown forming on the small japanese face. Mashiho had not expected Yedam to read through his plans easily. He eyed the tall student council member who was now speaking with the library assistant and smirked. It won't change that much. He stood up from his seat and walked his way towards his prey, his target. 

"Hey" calls the short japanese who looked up at the vice president with a confident smirk "I'll have to make you fall for me within 30 days, prepare yourself". The brown haired rebel calmly exited the library leaving the confused boy with his jaw hanging open.

"Now, that's the Takata Mashiho we know" snickered Yoonbin as he stood up and exited the library along with a softly smiling Asahi. Hyunsuk frowned and soon followed in leaving the library with Yedam and Haruto, 

Let the games begin.