white room, flashbacks, childhood

Mashiho, Asahi, and Haruto where greeted immediately by a group of guards as soon as they landed.

Kagehisa, one of the secretaries serving Mashiho' grandfather, bowed politely at the three high school students who also happened to be the young scions of large and wealthy family. Unlike Haruto who had pledged his loyalty to Mashiho when he was seven, Asahi followed the Handa family's butler who was mixed among the envoy.

"It has been a long time, Mashiho-bouchama" Kagehisa greeted, a warm and proud smile on his lips. Among the secretary the old Takata clan leader has, Kagehisa was one closest to Hiroto and had fondly watched over Mashiho before.

Mashiho let out a small smile and replied, "I've spoken to you a month ago, Kagehisa-san"

"Its not the same with seeing you in person, bouchama. In any case, we shall leave our warm reunion later. I would need to lead you through Seijorou-sama immediately"

"Is it that serious?" Mashiho asked, brows furrowing in worry. He followed the old secretary in the car with Haruto obviously trailing behind him.

"He had been bedridden for a few days now. He personally feels that his end is near and had ordered for your immediate return" As soon as Mashiho and Haruto entered the car, Kagehisa signalled the driver to start driving. Haruto had noticed the suspicious look the driver had and heightened his senses.

"What about my father?"

"He had been missing since two months ago. No one knows how to contact him"

Mashiho nodded, a playful smile on his lips. Haruto noticed how the driver tried to drive them on a seperate path and immediately sprung into action, he held a small dagger against the driver's neck.

"Drive on the right way or stop the car" Haruto ordered with his low voice. The old driver immediately hit the brakes. Kagehisa stared at the modern samurai in shock.

"Kagehisa-san, did you arrange for a detour?" Mashiho suggested, eyes cold with fury. "I thought you said that time is of importance"

"Drive straight to the hospital" Kagehisa commanded, eyes filled with hostility. Haruto returned to his seat, his senses still alert.

"I would not ask why. Just make sure that you keep your grandson Mahiro safe."

"My apologies, Mashiho-bouchama" Kagehisa muttered and the drive was filled with silence.

Mashiho leaned on Haruto's shoulder. Obviously tired. He whispered to the younger, "Wake me up once we arrive"

Haruto nodded. As Mashiho's conciousness slid into darkness, he started to dream of his past.

Mashiho stared at the young boy inside the white room holding a device that flashes his tests. The boy blinked as he unhesistatingly tapped on the correct answers. Mashiho grimaced as he scanned the room. There was nothing in it.

The boy raised his head as soon he finshed the quiz, boredom in his eyes, and face void of any emotion. Mashiho stared at the device that reported a perfect score.

The door opened revealing a dandy old man, hair greyed in age but his eyes were still young in vitality. "Have you grown bored of the games, Mashiho?"

The boy nodded in response refusing to speak. The seven year old japanese learned the korean language easily. A korean boy peeked from behind the old man. The japanese pointed to the boy and asked in korean, "Who?"

Ha Hyunsang smiled in delight as he saw the japanese take interest in his grandson. He bent down and patted Mashiho's head, "He is my grandson". The old man motioned his grandson to introduce himself.