the cafeteria, the lunch, the chat

Junkyu rushed towards the cafeteria, leaving Jihoon behind like always. The students, familiar with their vice president's habit, parted a way for him to pass through.

"Kyu-sunbae? No need to help today. Everyone seems to be oddly organized today" Soomi, a freshmen also a member of the student council as a executive member, stated as she pointed at the neatly filed line of students in front of the cafeteria.

The senior turned his attention to the line and raised his brows. Even the sports club members are lining properly. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened. Everyone just suddenly thought it would be best to behave" a familiar voice joined the conversation, chuckling.

"Mashiho?"

"You've got a free time? Join me for lunch?" the tall third year stared at the japanese and sighed. It would be best if they get this over with. Junkyu nodded in reply. Mashiho raised his brows as he watched the piece of sandwich on the senior's hands. "Is that all you're eating?"

"Kyu-sunbae don't usually have time to eat lunch since he's busy trying to organize everyone" Soomi explained with a smile before she bids goodbye and went to help the cafeteria ladies.

"Well join me for lunch, Hyunsuk-hyung and Asahi gave me a lunch box"

"Is it alright?" Junkyu asked, those were lunchboxes that was prepared for him.

Mashiho let out a smile and nodded, "Asahi's mom is a little on the clumsy side and made too much while Hyunsuk-hyung is on duty right now"

"Duty?"

"My lunchbox duty" chuckled the smaller as he lead the older to the quiet and most undisturbed part of the cafeteria. Two lunch box was already on the table, Junkyu gaped at the extravagance. A full blown japanese bento box and a korean one. "Would you like to share both?"

"I, I'm fine with any"

Mashiho pushed the korean lunch box towards the senior with an amused smirk, "Here, you can be my food taster to make sure Sukkie hyung had not pranked my lunch"

Junkyu's eyes widened at the statement, they even place bet for lunch box duties. The small japanese flower boy let out a low chuckle in amusement. "A prize for a bet?"

"Its a harmless bet, dont worry. We kept our promise. It was with a rubiks cube"

"That's alright then, I guess" Truth be told, Junkyu does not know the full detail of the agreement between the student council and the group, just that this group of pranksters need to send their notice if they involve a student or the school in their shenanigans.

Junkyu took a small bite of the food in the box and let out an amazed gasp, "this is good!"

"Is that so? That's great to hear" Mashiho grinned as he split his chopsticks and started eating from his bento box. Junkyu watched how neatly and elegantly the boy did his routine. "Anything on my face, you're staring"

The senior coughed lightly, he quickly drank a mouthful of his water and tapped his chest. "You really take people by surprise"

"I do?" questioned the junior as he cutely tilted his head. A playful smile plastered on his lips.

Junkyu scrunched his nose and sighed "So, why am i chosen as you guys target anyway?"

"Nothing much, you entered the library at the wrong time"

"First time to enter the library kind of condition?"

"Exactly the condition"

"Are the bets high?" Considering you guys are playing with some people's life. The senior kept the rest of the question on his head. Mashiho stopped his hand from moving his chopsticks and set it neatly on his tray.

"Depends on how you view it."

"In your guys standard?"

"Deadly high" the vice president pouted making the japanese let out another amused laugh. "I don't think you need to worry though"

"I don't? You need to make me fall, right?"

"I do" mashiho once again picked up his chopsticks "but that doesnt mean you need to"

"Hmmm?"

"You can go your usual routine and i'll try to woo you, if you fall i win, if you don't then i guess i'm not doing it right"

"But, what if i fall as you say? Won't I be in a bad position then?"

Mashiho blinked twice at the question before a devilishly charming smile graced his features, "You just need me to fall for you then"

"Eh?"

"The bet is simply for me to make you fall, nothing about what happens after"

"So its not those break his heart type of bets?"

"You watched too much drama" the junior stared at the senior who stopped eating, "You give Hyunsuk hyung too much credit to think of a complicated game."

"You guys' games are sometimes complicated" pouted the senior.

"Those are Yoonbin-hyung or Yedam's games." Mashiho's eyes twitched as he saw a sauce on Junkyu's lips, he leaned forward saying excuse me before he wiped the sauce off Junkyu's lips. "There, better"

Junkyu blushed crimson at the sudden intimacy, "you could have just told me"

"That wastes the chance of wooing you, right?"

"Anyways," the senior cleared his throat as he changed the topic, "why are you not with the group?"

"Aside from trying to woo you?"

"Yes, aside from that" chuckled the older in embarrassment. He needs to know who the heck gave his schedule to the junior.

"They are all busy today. It's Friday. They all report to their parents"

Junkyu tilted his head in confusion before he remembered another fact about the group, a group of chaebols. "They report?"

"Their progress. Everyone is a heir so they are given extra load by their parents to learn how to manage the family business in the future" the japanese frowned at the food on his mouth, it did not pass his standards. He better take note of it and let Asahi know later.

"That's tough" the senior whispered as he imagine the amount of expectations the group carries. He eyed the junior across him who scrunched his nose as he wiped his mouth with a tissue. "You don't have those lessons?"

"I'm done already with those" Mashiho stopped eating. He frowned, this was not the usual flavor of Asahi's bento. His mood was dropping because of his food when he noticed a piece of kimchi pushed towards his mouth. He raised his head to stare at the senior who sincerely looked worried. He ate the food offered and smiled.

"Its that bad? Your food? Let's share?" The japanese closed the bento box and nodded towards the tall korean,"feed me?"

"Not letting a chance slip by?" Junkyu face flushed in beet red again while the japanese shrugged his shoulder as an answer.

"I take my challenges seriously" sniggered the japanese making the senior sighed in defeat.

"Let my heart survive this trial" screamed the korean internally as he spent the rest of his lunch feeding the junior.