Chapter 14: Bleach boys and cash registers

The boys all seemed to freeze and I was left wondering what was going on

Seokjin snapped out of his daze first, dialling who I assumed to be Namjoon.

"Okay, there's a back entrance, through the storage room in the back."

He hung up the phone, his mouth drawing into a thin line. "Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung take Jihye and make a break for the storage room and we'll meet you there."

"And why exactly are we going into a dimly lit storage room," I questioned, not understanding their sudden reason for alarm. Were they perhaps associated with the people after Jungkook?

"I'll tell you later."

That answer did not satisfy my confusion whatsoever. "But Seokjin-"

"Jihye look at me," I turned to Yoongi, suddenly compelled by the change of tone in his voice. It was smooth like honey but as raw as a winter storm the opposite of the usual Min Yoongi.

"You'll go with the boys to the backroom and do whatever they say, alright?"

I nodded blankly, all rational thoughts leaving my head. I just knew that I had to listen to Yoongi no matter what. Listen to the boys no matter what.

The perverted blond boy I had become friends with, stood up abruptly taking a hold of my wrist. His hands were warm and the worker tried to stop us from heading into the back but was immediately silenced by a look from Seokjin who remained seated by the bowling lane where we had been having fun moments ago.

Jungkook somehow managed to unlock the code pad keeping the storage room secured with only a simple touch of his finger. He gestured for us to follow and I found it strange that a bowling alley had a keypad to access their storage room.

I understood their reasoning though when I spotted the many trophies and antique bowling balls lining the walls.

Jimin told me to stay put behind some stray boxes that had probably once been used to move all these antiques. I complied remembering what I had to do. Listen to Yoongi, listen to the boys.

Suddenly as if coming out of a daze I began to question my actions. Why am I listening to the boys? Why am I sitting in a musty storage room behind some boxes because I was told too?

I was just about to start demand answers, when the cool, steel doors bursted open and revealing a duo white-clad men, in the same uniform as the people Jungkook had tried so desperately to avoid.

"Surrender you useless scum, going against our laws is sin" the first man growled, and I almost screamed when a small ball of mud began to somehow form in his outstretched palm. The brown substance began to harden and he immediately hurled the solid ball at Taehyung with a wicked smirk.

I stifled a scream as the red-haired boy narrowly avoided the solid object that left a dent in the cement floor mere inches from my hiding spot.

Who in the world were these psychopaths, and what had the boys done to get on their bad side!

The man and his accomplice were both preparing to hurl another mud rock at one of the three boys, when an all too familiar asshole crept up behind them with a cash register clutched in both his hands.

He swung it at the two unsuspecting men with inhuman strength, and they crumpled to the floor after being knocked out of consciousness.

"Namjoon hyung!"

In all of my encounters with Namjoon, I had never seen the male smile, a sour expression present during all our meetings and yet when I saw his lips stretch into a smile and dimples form I died a little inside.

Though his angelic smile quickly faded when he noticed my huddled form. "What's she doing here."

"Nice to see you too Joon," I muttered sarcastically, unamused my his hostility. "Now can someone tell me why the bleach boys were chucking mud rocks?"

The silver-haired boy rolled his eyes, obviously deeming my question unworthy of an answer.

"Namjoon hyung we have to tell her, she's like us." Jimin's usually relaxed demeanour was replaced by a solemness I was not yet acquainted with.

"But she could also be like them." the taller of the two retorted.

The duo exchanged heated glares and none of us dare interrupt them. For even I was scared by the suffocating tension now hanging in the room. Namjoon gave Jimin one last hard glare before sighing in defeat.

"Fine, we'll take her to the hideout."

Jungkook clapped his hands together in excitement and Taehyung helped me up from my crouched position on the cool floor.

I was still baffled at how no one managed to address the heap of bodies on the floor and deemed me going to their supposed "hideout" more important. "So....."

Taehyung glanced to where I was looking before humming in understanding. "Those are bad people, so they deserved it."

Yup because smashing people over the head with a cash register is justified if they're bad. What if psycho Joon had killed them, or what if they were really the bad people here?

Yes, they had been kind to me so far (Not including Namjoon) but I hadn't known them long enough to put complete faith in them like that.

I allowed the thought to sink in that I might be next on the list of people to attack and I was just about ready to slink away through the agape door leading to the outside world.

Don't even think about it.

Seokjin walked through the door a moment later flashing me a knowing smile. That voice in my head... Had it belonged to Seokjin?

Namjoon ran a hand through his silver locks before stating that we would all be heading to the "hideout" because the rock men would most likely send for backup.

"So I had a nice time with you guys today, but I think I'm going to have to skip the whole hideout thing and go do my homework," I stated, unwilling to head to a location where I could potentially be harmed.

Namjoon sent me an incredulous look. "Did you think you had a choice?"

"Yoongi!" the silver-haired boy called. The brooding boy wandered in moments later and I was not willing to stick around to see what he planned to do.

Making a beeline for the exit, I slid past Namjoon who let out an angry shout at my defiance. Dashing across the pavement I headed towards the forest in hopes of getting away from them, because I really wasn't in the mood to get kidnapped.

I just wanted to go back home to my house in Australia and snuggle with my now deceased cat mittens and pretend that none of this confusing stuff had ever happened.

But it seemed like life had other plans as my shoelace got caught on an outstretched branch, sending me tumbling into the brittle autumn leaves.

I groaned already feeling pain in my ankle from the abrupt fall.

"What are you doing laying in a pile of leaves?"

Fear coursed down my spine at the voice quite obviously belonging to Taehyung. I struggled to get up from the ground realizing that my ankle was in no way unscathed.

I shakily stood up, attempting to limp away from my pursuiter.

I had only made it a few feet when I was grabbed roughly by the scalp. "Sorry, we had to do this the hard way."

I fought against his strong grip, punching and kicking in hopes of escaping. The behaviour so opposite to the boy I had grown to adore chilling me to the bone. My efforts to gain freedom remained futile though when my head was forced to face the sea of decaying vegetation.

I let out a hysterical scream as my head was brought downwards connecting to the ground with a sickening thud.