Chapter 37: Google Maps and Councilman K

I wasn't totally sure what to do so I swallowed my fear and knocked on the heavy door in front of me.

It was silent for a few moments before the doors sprang open with a thundering creak. Two burly white-clad men stood at the revealed entrance.

"Councilman K has been awaiting your presence."

I had no time to ponder over who Councilman K was before I was pulled into the dimly lit corridor. I could only pray that Jimin and Chaeyoung had gotten in as the doors shut behind me with a deafening bang.

My two tour guides were silent for the most part only pushing me in a particular direction once in a while. I took the time to acknowledge the layout of the underground fortress, knowing I would have to come back to look for the vessel room.

To my distaste their whole base was formed like some kind of twisting labyrinth, I'm pretty sure Tour Guide Number 1 had google maps open on his phone.

I'd have to tell my companions to steal someone's phone who had the unique google map on it.

"Google maps," I whispered discreetly into the earpiece.

"What the hell does that mean," I heard Chaeyoung angrily whisper back.

"Find google maps," I muttered back.

"What was that," Guy number 2 grumbled, turning to give me a sharp look. I tried to ignore how strange he looked wearing aviator glasses underground.

"Nothing," I responded with a shrug of my shoulders.

"You want us to steal someones phone and go on their google maps?" I heard Jimin ask.

I was shocked that he managed to figure out exactly what I was trying to say, through my lacklustre description, but replied with a quiet yes.

Luckily my escorts didn't hear me that time and they proceeded to lead me to what seemed to look similar to a conference room.

A grey-haired man sat at the head of the table dressed like an elderly priest. His flowing garments and stoic expression definitely led me to feel uncomfortable, sending off major cult vibes.

"She's arrived Councilman K," spoke Guy number 1.

"I can see that you're dismissed," he ordered, face remaining eerily neutral.

The 2 council minions quickly scurried away at his command, leaving me alone with this strange man.

I let out a small shriek when the banister behind his head flung open to reveal an all to familiar raven-haired male.

His eyes flashed blue at the sight of me and I had to refrain from cowering away at my previous memories of getting sucker punched.

"Jihye you finally decided to join me!" he smiled, waltzing over to where I stood.

"Do you like my puppet?" He gestured towards the now slumped over man. "Councilman Kinam, the perfect empty shell to keep my council loyal without questions."

I gulped at his sadistic behaviour. "I even sent our parents back home!" He giggled, making a cut-throat gesture.

I ignored the bile rising in my throat, disgusted by my so-called brother's actions. He killed our parents for his screwed up ideals, he ruthlessly manipulates people...

I tried not to flinch as he placed a death grip on my shoulder. "So why are you here? What led to the change of heart?" He asked, tone darkening.

"Well I'm all alone now and I can't go back home with the guilt of knowing that it's my fault the rebellions got captured. I was thinking that maybe what you said was right, that maybe I could repent for my sins by reaching enlightenment."

I felt his grasp on my shoulder loosen a bit and I applaud myself for my subpar lying skills.

"I'm glad you feel that way sister, I can't believe that you don't want your friends set free though."

I paused, the gears in my head-turning. "I didn't want to push my luck, maybe after I prove my loyalty, you'll set them free?"

"I suppose I could give them one day of freedom before we're sent back to our birthplace," Wonwoo mused.

"Code black, I repeat Code black."

The automated voice rang through the intercom and when I noticed Wonwoo's enraged expression.

"Jihye we got Bangtan and I*ZONE out, I*ZONE is going to free Exo and Red Velvet. Get out of there now!"

I took that as my cue to send a wall of fiery blue flames hurtling in his direction. I ran towards the exit that luckily didn't have a door and skirted along the hallway.

After seeing what Wonwoo was capable of, I'm sure my fire would only serve as a small nuisance to him.

"Directions would be nice!" I shouted into the speaker, noticing the white sea that had begun chasing me down the hall.

"Look for the blue door with the words Vessel Room over the top, we're trying to open the door right now!" Chaeyoung yelled into the speaker.

That wasn't very helpful but I decided to continue running around aimlessly in hopes of finding this door.

I was starting to run out of breath when I spotted a familiar group of people in the hallway in front of a blue door.

"Bust it open!" I screamed. They looked startled by my presence but I watched Namjoon quickly send a flurry of punches towards the door.

The blue door tumbled to the ground, with a bang and I stumbled into the room. I ended up tripping over my own feet, landing on the ground with an ungraceful thud. 

I turned around a tired smile making its way onto my face.

"Long time no see."