Chapter 23: Bonfires and Infinity Symbols

I honestly wasn't surprised that the boys owned a white panelled van at this point. It looked like we were going out to kidnap the trick or treaters, but oh well.

This time I remembered to text my mom that I wouldn't be home until late as to not have a repeat of last time.

Even with the massive interior of the van the 8 of us were all still squished but Namjoon insisted that it was for safety precautions. He was literally the human equivalent of a metal barricade, so I didn't really think we had too much to worry about.

The entire trip to this supposed bonfire was filled with Jungkook whining how Yoongi was squashing his leg, meanwhile, I was sandwiched between a sweaty Taehyung and Hoseok suffering in silence.

I let out a sigh of relief as we finally pulled up onto a dirt road in the middle of the forest. I was honestly too uncomfortable to care at this point if a bear was waiting to jump me the minute I exited the vehicle.

We all clambered out and I allowed the fresh oxygen to fill my lungs.

"So you all know where you're going and what pairs your in, correct?"

Everyone gave a nod and Namjoon demanded that we check in every hour using the earpiece, to make sure we hadn't been apprehended.

We then all split up in hopes of coming back with a council member in tow.

I had begun to walk towards the sweltering heat in the distance when Jimin looped his arm through mine, the fabric of his vampire costume brushing up against my hand as he did so.

"You weren't planning on leaving me behind were you?" he pouted.

"Oh no, why would I leave lord pervert behind, that would be quite rude of me wouldn't it?"

He nodded. "Yes it would and I promise not to do anything tonight, even if you do look rather nice in that outfit."

I raised an eyebrow as he held out his pinky finger.

I looked at it before wrapping my own around his. "Your fingers are so tiny." I jested, biting my lip to stop the laugh threatening to fall out.

"It's only like a millimetre smaller than yours!" he argued.

"Actually it's two millimetres smaller."

He gave me a look before tugging me towards the direction of the bonfire.

I was amazed by the sheer amount of people present, even though this was a private gathering. The majority of the crowd was already wasted, so it was pretty easy to start flipping over the wrists of those who were passed out.

"It's you!"

I glanced up to see a seething Mark headed my way. Jimin's eyebrows knitted together and he slid his hand into my own in an act of protection.

"Why are you here."

"Because I can be?"

I wasn't too sure what he was trying to accomplish right now.

He eyed Jimin up and down before letting out an unpleasing laugh. "I'm surprised you actually got a guy to go out with you."

I rolled my eyes, not impressed by his overused comeback. "And I'm surprised you're still wearing those shoes."

Who would've guessed that Mark would tape his charcoaled Gucci slides back together. The blackened fabric had been poorly taped back together, the Gucci logo barely visible under all the adhesive.

His face became a deep shade of red and I watched as he threw his arms in the air, exasperated by my comment.

"It's your fault you ruined the most wonderful shoes I own!"

My mouth fell into an o, not at his words but more so from the stark white infinity symbol on his wrist.

I was pretty sure Jimin had seen it too when I felt him tense beside me.

The blond boy stomped away in a fit of rage and I was left gaping in his wake.

"That idiot works for the council?"

Jimin looked equally perturbed. "It seems like they've lowered their standards."

"Can I like spike his drink and we kidnap him or something?" I suggested.

"I wish it was that easy, but you can't knock out someone with abilities as easy as that, the least it will do is make him feel a little off and I doubt he'd even consider taking a drink from you."

"So can I light his shoes on fire again?"

"No, because then everyone will start panicking and if he's not completely dumb, he'll clue in that you're a partum."

I paused remembering Hoseok's words. 'I know what I really am."

He looked startled before his lips fell into a frown. "Who told you."

"Hoseok."

The blond sighed running a hand through his hair. "At least you're aware then, why you have to be extra careful around the council.

Anyways, let's contact the others and see what we can do about catching Mark and then maybe after we can you know."

I angrily swatted at his arm. "You said you wouldn't be a perv tonight!"

"I meant we can get some ice cream!"

I flushed red from embarrassment, demanding he contact the others but not before muttering a quick ice cream would be nice.

He smiled, pressing the small button on the concealed earpiece. "We confirmed that-"

I mouthed his name.

"Mark Tuan is a member of the council."

I pressed my own earpiece listening to the conversation. "Ok full name?" Namjoon asked.

"Mark Tuan, blond hair about 5'9." I responded.

He sighed, the microphone making a slight crackling noise. "That makes two of them Kook and Tae found another one hanging out by the lake, they said he identified himself as Kunpimook. He's currently knocked out and in the trunk."