1. Melly

Something in my soul was like "you need a Melly book" I've been a fan for his about a year or two now so it's long overdue. It's bland in the beginning but trust the processssss. I hope y'all enjoy.

-

Qatari M. Edwards. | May 14, 2017 7:45 a.m.

I rubbed my eyes attempting to remove the sleep from them. I was completely exhausted, I had pulled a late night at the office for the third time this week. Then, when I came home my husband had gone on yet another business trip. It had been his second one this month but I couldn't complain. He was doing well with whatever he was doing for his company, even if it left his wife lonely.

I had always pictured ever since I was a little girl, the picket fenced in house with two kids running around the yard. Me, in the house cooking dinner in an apron while the baby watched me from his or her high chair. My husband at work doing what he did best to only come home to me at night.

Possibly the next life time.

As a black woman I didn't plan on sitting on my ass to be spoiled by a man. I'd rather go out and get any - and everything, on my own. That's just how I was raised.

I placed my feet onto the cold wooden floor and began walking towards the bathroom for a quick 15-minute shower. I didn't have enough time to spend an hour or more like usual. I turned on the water, turning it completely towards the marble walls. I wanted the temperature scorching that's the only way I knew I'd be fully awake and also cleaned. While that was boiling I decided to pull out one of my sets. I chose red pencil skirt with matching blazer and a white button down silk blouse underneath. I was all into fashion so I knew how to work with different fabrics to make them stick.

I then tended to my shower.

8:36 p.m.

I had been at the office all day and one of my co-workers had invited me to lunch but I had turned him down. I needed to focus on coming up with another story to write. Everything seemed accounted for. Just the same old boring news, I needed something exciting, something on edge completely. But my life was nothing but an utter bore. There was no excitement. There was no life. I could turn in yet another story about the latest fashion update although that was more my alley, I wanted to go in a different direction.

I yawned throwing my head back in frustration. I watched as many people were exiting finally calling it a night. While I sat there starting to spin in my chair.

"Hey Tari," someone called out.

I gripped onto the desk to stop myself completely then I looked up seeing a familiar face. It was Erica a friend of mine standing there with a smile. "So we planned on getting drinks tonight and we were wondering if you'd like to come," she invited with soft pleading eyes. I was on the verge of saying no until I glanced back to my computer screen seeing a picture of my husband and I. "Yes, I'll come.."

"Great," she smiled brightly with her pretty straight teeth, "I'll pick you up about 10-ish," She pointed a bit unsure.

I nodded, "I'll be ready."

She then raced down the hall to exit to the elevator with a large group of women. I decided to see what was going on around me by logging onto Facebook for a minute or two. "Well that's no help," I mumbled to myself seeing nothing but statuses about how someone hates there child's father or how bitches wasn't shit and more of the who got gas on deck? Of course these people were in the same age group as me but I had to remember I didn't have the same mindset as them.