32: Mission Failed..

Jamell Demons.

"Why you lookin' like that is you nervous?" I questioned seein' Tari chomp down on her fingernails. She literally chewed off a few of em on our way to the hospital. She nodded and stared forward without speakin'. I shook my head slightly and placed my hand onto her upper thigh for reassurance, "what I say? After this we gon' be good.."

Her deep brown eyes finally looked to me, "okay but I'm scared that's a lot of people I have to pass through to see me face, my nerves are fucking shot Jamell. It was bad enough I went into an entire police station and walked out in one piece," she exclaimed. Her hand fell onto mine and I could feel it shakin'.  I didn't know what to say to comfort her. A part of me felt like she ain't wanna go through with the shit because it was Sam, it was bad enough she did it once - but twice? And not to mention she gotta be sho it's done this time..

"Look whenever you ready you ca' go but we can sit here all night if we gotta," I put the car in park and laid my head back against the seat, "if I could do it Tari I would."

Suddenly snifflin' came about from her causin' me to quickly look over.

I placed my hands on the sides of her face forcing her to look at me. "Baby you gotta do this before that nigga talk and we both fucked, alright? I promise it's gon' be quick just pump the shit into his IV.."

She nodded and quickly wiped her pretty face, "okay."

My eyes wandered as I saw nurses walking to their cars which meant it was time for a shift change. "You ready?" I questioned looking into her eyes.

"Yes.."

I let her go and she exited the car, adjusting her name tag on her scrubs and pulled her hair into a high ponytail. For some reason I was turned on my by it. Just the way her shape looked in the scrubs and how natural looking she had her face, was everything and anything to me. I wasn't a fan when Tari wore makeup but she was still beautiful. I just preferred her without it. Her hand tapped the window seal and she smiled softly pulling on some gag glasses, beginning to walk away.
_

Qatari.

My stomach pains were worse than earlier by now and my heart was beating a million miles per minute. The automatic doors pushed opened and the cool hospital air met my body as I stepped inside. The waiting room was somewhat full as I surpassed everyone making my way down the hall. I remembered that Sam's room was on the other side of the hospital. I had the small glass bottle off morphine in my pocket but it was enough to put down a horse. Nurses smiled at me as they walked past as well as doctors.

Once I was feet away from Sam's door a nurse had signaled for me to come over. A part of me wanted to carry on and get it over with but I had to play the part. "Yes?" I answered walking to the nurses station leaning over looking down at her. She was a woman on the larger side and had a bubbly personality from what I could see. "You're new right? They've been talking about you this past week," she wondered looking at me with a sly smile. I nodded smiling back at her being friendly as I could be. She fanned me off, "we can catch up on lunch break, my treat.."

"Yeah I'd like that," I replied then went on my way.

As I reached Sam's door I literally fell against the door frame as a sharp pain came about in my lower back, "ahh," I groaned softly then used all my strength to walk over to Sam's beside.

The machines beeped continuously as he just laid there with an oxygen mask covering his entire face. I looked at the chart to be sure it was him and it my luck it was. I grabbed the needle out of my pocket and the bottle of morphine. As I was pulling the needle back trying to get all the liquids, a gush off water came from between my legs and it had a light pink color mixed in also. The pain from my body became so intense that I fell backwards into the floor, feeling myself ball up and began to cry.

As a nurse was passing she noticed me and rushed in. Before I had knew it, I was being rushed to a room. The many lights above were so completely bright but my vision was blurred at the same time. My lips were dry and I felt so beyond weak, that I just shut my eyes completely.