23: Familiar Faces

Miami, Florida.
4:07 p.m.

Qatari.

I yawned as I dragged my heavy suitcase out of the elevator. I was pretty exhausted from the flight and not to mention pretending to enjoy being with Sam. My nerves were becoming worse and worse being in the company of him. A part of me knew I'd probably snap any minute but I tried to set that rage aside since I didn't have Jamel here with me to clean up anymore messes. He was helpful in that area. There was truthfully no actual number of messes he had to clean up on his own, he told me about a few but there's always more skeletons in the closet.

"The rooms down the hall," Sam directed behind me.

I followed instructions and looked down at the key card in my hand, once I reached the door I wasted no time going in.

The room was large relative to a apartment honestly. It was cold but had a inviting feeling to it. I left my bag by the front door and raced to the bathroom seeing the tub was large and beautiful. It was already decorated with wine glasses, candles and rose petals. "I paid an extra $200 for them to set that up," Sam informed from down the hall. "Thanks," I simply replied smiling a bit at the thought of him being romantic.

I started to remove my clothes and start the water to as hot as it could get.

I added bubbles also.

Moments later Sam had entered the bathroom startling me a bit, "you wanna just lounge today?" He questioned and I nodded, "we can sight see tomorrow."

He wrapped his arms around my bare body.

I stiffened you as always did.

"You've still been so distant I really hope this trip will bring us together," he confessed. I slightly smiled looking over my shoulder at him, "I hope so too."

"I wish I could know what's going on inside that beautiful head of yours," he added.

A devious look spread across my face. Truthfully the only thing I had on my mind was possibly ripping out of his entire esophagus but where would that get me? For now I'd have to do something to subside all of these sadistic thoughts, it was hard to control almost like impulse.

"I'm just trying to figure out who I am," I confessed.

Sam chuckled a bit, "you're Qatari."

"What does that mean though?" I questioned, "who's Qatari?"

He shrugged, "Tari..."

The truth was he didn't even know the answer to that question. He didn't know who I was anymore. I didn't even look at him how I used too and I know he noticed it. I don't touch him anymore or anything affectionate or intimate with him. It's not there anymore truthfully.

"Okay Sam," I laughed.

"Well I'm going to let you bathe and I'll wonder around the hotel," he informed placing a kiss onto my cheek.

I nodded and sighed relieved as he released his arms from around me. He shut the door behind him as he exited the bathroom. I wasted no time placing my foot into the water and winced as it stung. I quickly pulled my foot out as it ached in pain. "Shit," I mumbled to myself and coached myself to enter the steamy water.

Now I see how my noodles felt.

"Shiiiit," I whispered entering the water and forcing myself to s it down.

Once the pain subsided, I sinked down to the point where only my head was out of the water. I shut my eyes imagined my body being caressed my Jamel in the moment. His small body being behind me and arms draped around me, singing softly into my ears. He truly was out of this world. He overall just knew my body and my mind.

_

I didn't realize I had fell asleep until there was knocking at the door causing me to get up.

"Honey you okay?" A voice questioned.

"Yeah I'm coming out now," I informed standing up and relaxing the warm water down the drain. I stepped out and wrapped a towel around me, walking to the room.

Sam was now under the blanket, "they have a bar, a spa, a club, everything you can think of," he replied.

"Oh wow, I'll check out the bar.."

He nodded and released a yawn, "take a fifty from my wallet.. Don't be too late honey," he insisted removing his clothes and laying in the bed.

As I dressed myself in a short black leather dress with black heels, I didn't bother forgetting the fifty after I finished my hair. I sprayed perfume and looked over seeing Sam already fast asleep. I exited the room with clutch in hand and made my way down the long hall towards the elevator. I stepped inside and pressed the lobby floor. The door slowly closed and I stared down at my blank notification screen becoming irritated at the fact that I hadn't seen or heard from Melly in about three days. He always knew how to get to me and I hated that. The disappearing shit was really getting under my skin especially since I wanted to be around him 24/7.

When I reached the lobby there were people everywhere.

I pulled up the tube top like dress, adjusting it.

I went past the lobby doors down the hall to the soft music. I entered a room seeing there was a bar and I took a seat seeing there were couples and singles all throughout the room. "Sex on the beach," I simply ordered. The bartender smile, "that all for you?" He wondered.

I nodded, "yes please."

I removed the fifty from my purse and he denied it, "first ones on the house."

"Oh I didn't know that thank you."

A few seconds later he handed me my drink with a paper towel under it, I smiled.

I sipped slowly trying to enjoy it.

My phone buzzed against the counter and I looked down at it seeing an unsaved number which contained a new picture message. I opened it and I saw a picture of myself sitting in the exact spot I was. It read you look beautiful.

I didn't bother to respond.

I grabbed my drink and exited the bar, walking towards the elevator. It dinged and revealed an unfamiliar couple racing out. I slowly entered and pushed my floor. It soon stopped at a different floor allowing whomever to enter, and a rather familiar face greeted me, stepping inside. I admired his green bubble jacket and ripped black jeans with Balenciaga shoes.

"Hi," I simply said.