4. Meeting Melvin

Qatari M. Edwards. |

I was up earlier than usual since I was deciding to make Samson and I a rather large breakfast to thank him for last night of course. The bacon grease was continuously nipping at my hand but I didn't mind it. It was almost like getting shocked everytime you slid your feet across the carpet and touched a door knob or someone else. My phone had vibrated on the island behind me, I grabbed it and scanned the screen.

(772) 555-7492: I miss us

My eyebrows raised as I realized the out of area number. It was Melly, he hadn't contacted me in years and now he decides to? It wasn't like I responded the other times but why has it been so long? I quickly removed the message from my phone feeling as if it was a mistake. There's no way you could be gone for over two years then reappear talking about you miss someone, it was unlogical. Hands suddenly wrapped around my waist which startled me but I had soon realized it was Samson.

"Hey you up early," he stated the obvious with a smile on his face.

"Making breakfast for you," I cheesed tending to the pancakes with him lingering around me still. "Mm maybe tonight we can watch some movies and things like that," he suggested in a mono tone. I nodded because it sounded like a pretty good idea.

"And you can touch me the way you did last night," I joked with a smirk on my face.

A look of confusion cascaded across his face, "touch you like I di- what the hell are you talking about?" He questioned.

"You know what you did stop playingg," I giggled.

He shook his head, "baby honestly the only touching I did to you last night was nudging your shoulder so you'd stay on your side.. You must've dreamt me touching you. I was pass exhausted," he informed opening the fridge grabbing himself a bottle of Fiji water. I stood there stunned for a moment staring at him, "umm yeah I had to be dreaming," I mumbled looking down at my hands embarrassed a bit.

He placed his hand in the curve of my backside and kissed my cheek, "I'm going to go for a run real quick."

"Go after breakfast everything is almost done," I whined not wanting his food to be cold cause then he'd complain. He shook his head, "I have to go right now," he insisted and exited the kitchen. I heard the front door slam and I turned the stove tops off. The food looked mighty tasty but my appetite was out the window, so far out the window.

My phone had buzzed more and I had decided to just block Melly's number, there was reason he should've kept attempting to contact me this way.

The doorbell had rung and I walked towards the door. I opened it thinking it was Samson forgetting something but it wasn't. There was absolutely nobody standing there. I looked down noticing a rose. I picked it up with a smile and thought about how Samson probably picked it up along the way. I closed the door and placed it in a vase with water. It was cute how he'd do these little things to keep the spark going.

I went up the steps and wanted to shower. It was the only thing to do at the moment. The tv was full of nothing but fake reality TV shows, basketball, and annoying talk show hosts. I entered my room and went towards the bathroom to start the shower. Of course I turned the water all the way to scorching as usual. I turned around and gasped once I saw Melly laying in my bed. He had on a black turtle neck with a leather jacket with red plaid pants and black shoes. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I nearly screamed at the sight of him.

He got up from the bed, "I been textin' you," he pointed and walked closer me. He gently pushed a strand of hair behind my ear admiring my face.

"And I obviously haven't been responding because I realized I have a loving husband who I'd do anything to keep. I'm sorry if you originally thought this would be something more. It isn't necessary to break into my home," I spat out of anger with furrowed eyebrows.

Melly then chuckled, "I ain't break in the do' was open."

I let my eyes roll, "what the fuck do you want?" I wondered folding my arms over my chest. He smirked, "it's obvious," be simply stated and tried to caress my face but I pushed his hand away aggressively. I didn't want him touching me whatsoever. The entire idea of him was making  my skin crawl completely. "You ain't do that when I was finger fuckin' you last night," he menaced trying to grab the band on my shorts.

I pushed his hand firmly, "stop trying to fucking touch me and get your ass out of my house!"

He held up his pointer finger, "jus' one mo time," he pleaded. I already knew he was referring to sex. That was something my body yearned for but not something I truly needed. I swatted his hand away and started walking to my bathroom.

He kissed his teeth and snatched my arm roughly, "fuckin' talk to me then!"

"WHAT?" I hollered at him.

A smile formed on his lips, "jus' once mo." I shook my head once again to be pushed against the wall so swiftly. He held my arms over my head causing my breathing to speed up. I was trying to get out of his strong grip but he wouldn't bother letting up. He inhaled the scents of my neck and licked it rather slowly. "Mmm you still taste tha same," he informed. My eyes were closed in disgust as my skin began to crawl at the feeling of him touching me or tasting me skin.  "Melly please," I cried out wanting him to let me go.

"Melly please," he teased starting to laugh darkly in my ear.

He shook his head, "Melly not hea' no mo," he acquainted with a smile. "I asked you for somethin' so simple jus' let me fuck you one last time and y'kno what'chu say?" He spoke to me as if I had no idea what was going on. "You said no."

"Because I have a husband!" I shouted.

"Oh you shoutin' nah?" He wondered and his hand found my throat. He squeezed it harshly and it wasn't in a sexual way. It was in a dark way like he intended to hurt me. "Shout at me nah Tari," he said loudly in my face. I removed my hands from his single grip and tried to pry his hand off by holding his wrists.

"Mel-" I managed.

My lungs were screaming for air and it was as if the more I had squirmed the tighter he held. His eyes were the darkest black I'd ever seen, he was concentrated and more than focused on hurting me. "Mel-" I forced out and then stop attempting to talk realizing I needed all the air supply to my brain I could get.

"Shout at me nah bitch you was jus' so fuckin' tough," he mumbled.

I looked down at the ground not feeling my feet amongst the floor anymore. I just was mentally praying that Samson planned on taking a shorter run today. Suddenly I heard the front door slammed and Melly released my neck having my body drop down to the floor completely. I coughed severally trying to regain strength in my lungs. I looked up once more and Melly was nowhere in sight. I massaged my neck gently trying to stop the pain.

"Baby," Samson called, "have you seen my Fitbit?" He shouted from down the steps.

I regained strength and stood to my feet, I rushed to the mirror already seeing that my skin had a dark tinge about where his hand was. Melly nearly killed me for what? Some pussy? This man was completely out of his mind. I mean I know it was more to it but that didn't matter, he had physically put his hands on me like he was a lunatic. I couldn't tell Samson cause then he'd wonder why.

I went into the bathroom seeing he had scribbled into the fogged up glass.

I love you.
-Melvin

I was utterly clueless as to why he had put a different name but I quickly wiped it with my bath towel and started to remove my clothes. But not before I had locked the door. I didn't need him busting in on me once again. I needed to find someone to talk about this with and quickly. Tears escaped my eyes as I stepped into the water. Not because it was hot but because I was starting to have a severe problem on my hands.