Chapter 3 - escape

Your POV

I sit on the floor of my room as I hear the key click in the lock of the door. Tears stream down my face. I stand up and sit down on my bed, stuffing my hand in the bag of tortilla chips. I continue to eat the chips and dip until I run out. With a sigh I look at the clock, 11pm. I pick up the TV remote and turn it on, flipping through the channels until I found a Johnny Depp movie marathon, just at the beginning of Sweeney Todd. I settled down and watched the mess of blood and cannibalism.

The movie finished and I shut off the TV. With a tired sigh, I rubbed my sore eyes and wiped my tear stained cheeks, and looked at the clock. It was 1 am. Everyone is asleep. Leave. You've done it before. It's 50 stories. You've done it before. Climb down. You're not injured dipsh*t. Fine. I open the window and look down. The view is sickening. The alleyway below is empty but it's still so far down. You'll be fine. Just don't die.

My first foot goes out the window. Then the next one. They make contact with the ledge below the window. I take my hand off the windowsill and put it next to my foot, then I lower my foot. I repeat this for what seems like hours. Despite the fact that I've done this before, I'm terrified. Wind whips my hair around my face. Why the f*ck did I not tie it back? (A/N if your hair is too short then just be mad you didn't pin it back or something). The city is beautiful from above. Why do I not notice these things from my window? Maybe because I'm too trapped in my head in there. God I'm sick of my father. I'm sick of Loreina. I'm sick of it all.

My feet make contact with the plastic lid of a dumpster. I add more of my weight to the lid and it breaks. The smells of trash fills my nostrils and I cough. I pull myself out of the metal dumpster and fall on all fours. I stay that way for a few minutes, panting, panicking, crying. Finally I brought myself back to my senses. Where to go? Lenny. Lenny had always been like a father to me. Like a father who sold his daughter booze...

-timeskip-

Lenny's POV

I woke up to my doorbell buzzing. Who would be awake at this hour? AND WHY THE FUCK! I walk up to the buzzer and press the button.

"Who's there?" I asked irritatedly.

I heard a few choked back sobs "y-y/n."

Without another word I ran down the stairs, threw open the door and enveloped the shaking girl in my arms. I led her up to my apartment and gave her some camomile tea.

"Did he do it again?" I asked. Y/n just nodded and sipped her tea in silence. "Please let me tell someone!" I exclaimed.

"DON'T!" She said looking at me imploringly. "Just don't. It makes me feel helpless. I'm figuring it out."

I left her alone. When she calmed down I led her to my room and let her lay down in my bed. I spent the night on the couch. It broke my heart to see this girl, a girl I thought of as a daughter, in so much pain.

-timeskip-

Your POV

I awake in a bed that isn't mine. It takes me a minute to realize I'm in Lenny's apartment. Of course. I leave his room and shuffle to the kitchen. He's already there, making breakfast.

"Morning sunshine!" He says.

"Morning Lenny." I reply, zombie-like.

"How are you feeling?" He asks

"A little sore."

He nods and runs his thumb over my cheek and I wince.

"You've got a pretty nasty bruise on your face there." He says again, the worry apparent in his eyes.