Chapter 4 (Part 2)

The next day, I was sitting on the counter in the student lounge while Jug leaned against the counter next to me. The football players, mainly Reggie were talking about who killed Jason.

"Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantel the Magnificent." Reggie rambled on as Erin came over and handed me a small piece of paper. "Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had." I glanced at the paper seeing the small writing. I was wrong, something rolled into town, it said. I looked at Erin nervous. "And speaking of offensive tight ends, I should've went the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh?" What is it? I mouthed to Erin. She shook her head unsure. "Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?" I felt the small paper get taken away from me. Jug looked at it and looked at me confused. I shook my head. "I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right?" What's going on? Jug mouthed to me. I shook my head. I don't know yet, I mouthed back. "Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid?" I looked at Reggie annoyed. "Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead?"

"Reggie stop." I warned as Erin slid away.

"What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like... after?" I rolled my eyes.

"It's called necrophilia, Reggie, can you spell it?" Jug made a comeback. I chuckled. Reggie snapped shooting up from his seat.

"Come here, you little..." He jumped over the couch. I stood in front of Jug while Archie also stepped in.

"Hey shut the hell up, Reggie." Archie pushed him back.

"Boys." Veronica warned.

"What do you care, Andrews?" Reggie looked at him.

"Nothing, just leave him alone." Archie defended.

"Holy crap. Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together?" Reggie smiled. "Was it some sort of pervy, blood brother thing?"

"Enough, jackass." I pushed Reggie away.

"Oh I'm sure the reward was your service, Princess." Reggie said getting in my face. I slapped his face. He scoffed.

"Wait!" I heard Jug saw as I was pulled away and Archie took Reggie's charge, knocking them both into the vending machine, breaking the glass. Archie was pulled to the floor as Reggie pinned him down. Jug tried pulling him off, but he was pulled back from Moose. I lunged and knocked Reggie off Archie. Punching him in face. Reggie got mad and kicked me away, my head and back hitting the vending machine. "Stop!" I tried looking at Jug but my vision was slightly blurry. But I was able to make out his shape flipping Moose over his shoulder and to the ground. I blinked a few times and was able to see Reggie back on top of Archie punching him into the ground. I shot back up and pulled Reggie back choking him.

"You land another hand on my friends, I will make you suffer." I said into his ear. Reggie barely nodded his head, I let him go and pushed him to the side. I looked at Jug who had Moose still down, and to Archie who looked at me grateful. I could see the black eye forming. Reggie got up and left defeated, Moose followed after Jug let him get up. Jug gave me a hand, I took it as I stood back up unfazed. We helped Archie up and out of the lounge.

"Thanks you guys." Archie said as we walked out of the school.

"You sure you don't want a ride Archie?" I offered again. Archie shook his head.

"No, I'm good. See you at the game." Archie turned and walked down the street. I started to giggle.

"What are you laughing about?" Jug asked also chuckling.