Chapter 1

I pour myself a glass of scotch on the rocks and I look out over the skyline of London. My office is at the top of my building so I can enjoy the view out of the huge window. I hold the glass up to my lips as I stare into space, thoughts running free. Until I hear a beep.
"Miss Knight?" My assistant, Cameron timidly speaks through the buzzer.
"Yes?"
"Mr Holland is here to see you." She almost whispers. I sigh.
"Send him in." I stay in the same spot, looking out my window. I feel a presence behind me and I look at the window to find Toms reflection staring right at my ass.
"Enjoying the view?" I cheekily ask.
"As always," he smirks at his own comment.
"We're Rivals Not Lovers,"
"Something in between" He grins.
I turn around and place the crystal glass on my large, wooden desk and Tom watches as I do.
"Such clean hands for a mob leader."
"I use gloves darling. These are the money makers." I twinkle my fingers at him.
"Thought it was your ass," he snarls, licking his lips with satisfaction.
"Why are you here, Mr Holland?" I snap as I lean against the table, flipping my long, black hair behind me.
"A proposal," he placed his hands smoothly into his pockets.
"For what?"
"I was thinking we could join forces,"
I scoff at his proposal.
"And why would I want to work with you?" I push my self off the table delicately and walk slowly towards him.
"Because we're very similar Miss Knight." He smiles, staring me in the eye intently.
"You think we're similar?" I scoff.
"Very much so," he smiles. I pause.
"What would be in it for me?" I ask.
"Partners,"
"I'm talking numbers, Mr Holland." He looks down and chuckles lightly then back up to meet my eyes with a soft smoulder.
"35 percent,"
"Do I look like a joke to you?" I motion my hands around my huge office and he scoffs.
"40 percent." He firmly answers.
"50," I raise him. He scoffs again and gently scratches his nose and places his hand back into his pocket.
"45."
"50 percent," I state again, walking closer to him.
"47." He looks me dead in the eye, not intimidated by me.
"50 percent Mr Holland or the deal is off." I fold my arms as I come face to face with him.
"Fine. 50/50." I hold my hand out and he shakes it.
"Anything else?" I gently ask with a smile.
"No, that'll be all. I'll get back to you with more information." He walks towards the door and opens it.
"Have a good day Miss Knight.
"Mr Holland?" I call just before he leaves. He turns back.
"I would of settled for 35..." I take a sip of my scotch as I smirk. He holds back a grin and shakes his head as he shuts the door behind him.
"Cameron?" I shout through.
"Uh, Yes Miss Knight?" She opens my door in a fluster.
"What's on my schedule today?" I ask with a smile as I sit at my desk.
"Oh yes, well," she takes out her clipboard.
"Darling come in," I motion for her to sit in the chair at the opposite side of my desk. She gracefully sits.
"11 o'clock meeting with your father here, that's in 30 minutes. Then a 1 o'clock meeting here with Mr Solano. Your schedule will then vary after that meeting." She smiles nervously at me.
"Right Okay thank you." I smile. She gets up and starts to leave.
"Also miss, you'll need to change your outfit remember." She smiles as she hands me a black, conservative dress.
"Thank you so much Cameron." I smile.
"No problem Miss." She smiles as she closed the door behind her. I change into the over the knee and shoulder covering, black dress and I sit back down at my desk awaiting my father.
"Lord Knight has arrived Miss." Cameron informs me through the buzzer.
"Thanks Cam." I say back. The door suddenly opens.
"Violet! How nice to see you!" I stand up to embrace my tall father.
"Come sit Pop," I motion at the seat.
"How was your meeting with Tom?" He asks.
"It was interesting. We're going 50/50 in a partnership deal." I smile at him.
"Well I'm glad. I've always loved that boy. I don't see why you two don't get along." He shakes his head.
"Because we're doing the same job in the same place,"
"He's like the son I never had," he smiles at me. I roll my eyes.
"So, I actually wanted to talk to you about Tom." He clasps his hands on my desk.
"I want you two together."
"Excuse me?" I ask shocked.
"You do the same job, you're the same age and you're obviously lovers." He shrugs.
"Father do not imply that I am Lovers with that man!" I raise my voice.
"But it's true," he smiles.
"How would you know?" I ask.
"Dom told me."
"A-Wha, Wha-" I stutter.
"Tom told Dom Violet. No getting past that." He chuckles.
"I hate men." I cross my arms.
"Me and Dom want you two together. It's just a matter of time." Father gets up from his seat and opens the door.
"Have a good day darling," he smiles and leaves.
So much for a casual catch up...