Chapter 19

Tom was floating on the now red sea.
"Someone call an ambulance and the police please!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
"Tom? Tom! Can you hear me?" I shake him. His mouth opens. I pull him out the water and lay him on the sand.
I check if he's breathing which he is but very slowly.
"Tom? Can you keep your eyes open for me?" I snuggle and shake Tom lightly.
He attempts but he can't.
"Tom do something so I know you can hear me."
He slowly moved his hand and held my hand.
I had to turn away to sob. He was rubbing my hand really slowly with his thumb.
"Okay, okay just keep letting me know you're awake." I say through my sob.
We waited for 5 minutes before the ambulance and the police got here.
"Miss are you his partner?" One of the woman asked. She spoke in an English accent.
"Yes." I replied. She lifted him onto a stretcher with a few other paramedics.
"What's his name, age, occupation." She asks, getting a clipboard and a pen out as we walk to the ambulance.
"Thomas Stanley Holland, 23 and his occupation is classified." I say, hoping she wouldn't ask anymore questions.
"Miss I need to know for the police." She says.
"Well I'll talk to the police about that."
She sighs.
"Fine." We hop in the back of the ambulance and they drive off.
They give him an oxygen mask.
They look at the shot wound in his chest and attempt to clean the mass of blood around it.
After a 10 minutes of driving someone breaks the painful silence.
"He's losing blood fast." One of the paramedics says frantically.
"How far is it until the hospital?" I ask, still holding hands with Tom.
"We're here." The woman says.
They stop the ambulance and I jump out and they all hurriedly get Tom out.
"Is he to be okay?" I ask worriedly as we get into the hospital.
"I can't confirm or deny that Miss." the nurse says.
I start sobbing again but it doesn't even look like they care.
A ton of doctors crowd around us and try to talk to me but my everything is muffled. I can't hear anything and my chest feels tight and I suddenly can't breathe.
My sight goes blurry and I stumble back before seeing the room turning sideways.

"Her boyfriend was shot." I heard someone say.
"Panic attack?" Another voice was there.
"That's what it looks like."
"Okay, thank you Dan."
I feel someone sit at the edge of what I think is a bed that I'm lying on.
"Miss Knight? Could you open your eyes for me?" The woman's American accent was more prominent.
I open my eyes slowly.
"How are you feeling Violet?" She asks.
She was Asian and thin and tall. Her dark brown hair was pulled into a perfect, sleek bun and she had oversized cat style red glasses on. She was wearing a black conservative dress and red heels.
"Am I in the hospital?" I ask.
"Yes. You had a panic attack." She explained.
"A panic attack?" I paused then remembered what had happened.
I sat up immediately.
"Tom! WHERES TOM!" I scream.
"Violet! Calm down!"
"WHERE IS HE!" I shout.
"He's in emergency surgery! He's okay!"
I don't say anything. I just stare wide-eyed at her and she looks scared.
I probably look psychotic.
"When is he out?" I ask calmly.
"He's been in for 10 minutes so he's going to be in for another 30 minutes." She says calmly. I start to sob again.
"WHO DID THIS TO HIM!" I scream.
"That's what we need you to find out." She says.
"Miss Knight, I'm Agent Quo. I'm in MI5. We've known about mob business and we know that you two are the most infamous mob leaders in Britain. Hell, maybe in the world-"
"What's your point." I interrupt.
"Well Violet I'm the only person who can help you get justice for Tom. The police will never help if they know you are both mob leaders. You'd be thrown in jail. But I'm here to help."
"How do I know you aren't scamming me."
"Good question. In fact, there is no answer. You don't know. But you have to trust me. Because what else have you to lose apart from him?" She pauses.
"You have him. That is it."
I thought about her comment.
It stung because it was true.
"Fine. I'll help you." I agree.
"Good. Now I know everything you've done. We've sent agents in to work for you so we know what you're like, what your business is like and we know about Tom too." She leans forward.
"But you came here quickly and we have no idea if anything's happened here but we need to know for Toms sake. Have you come across anyone off lately?" She clicks her pen ready to write.
"Yesterday at around today at around 4am my ex-boyfriend sent 40 hitmen to kill us. We took all of them down. I then killed my ex. I took care of my shot wound in my shoulder and Toms wound in his leg." I explain.
"Okay." She writes down what I'm telling her.
"What about your-"
"You have to see this Quo." A man in a black suit barges in my room.
"Stay there Knight." She demands and gets up and closes the door behind me.