Chapter 13

Bang! Bang! Bang!
I shot Nikki in leg. She howls as she drops to the floor cradling her wounded leg. I quickly take a shot at Alex and he takes a shot at me but misses.
"Why are you doing this Violet? Why don't we talk it out?" He uses an almost manipulative voice on me.
"I don't want to talk to you after you fake your own fucking death!" I shout. Tom stands by my side.
"You've always been so dramatic!" He laughs.
"Shut the fuck up." Tom's starting to get angry.
"Ah, the notorious mob leader Mr Tom Holland. How are you? You know...after killing the one man that brought you everything in life?" Alex smiles.
"I said, shut the fuck up." Toms jaw clenches.
"Why don't I take your precious little Violet out of your hands so her and I can have a talk? Is that alright?" Alex moves closer to me.
"Get away." I spit.
"Don't get angry with me darling I'm trying to help!" Alex grabs my arm. I grab his hand and bend his arm backwards, making it known I'm more stronger. I stare him in the eye as he struggles to get out of my grip.
"You listen to me now. Get out of this house and take your cop friends with you. Or Tom and I will kill each and every one of you." I threaten, right up in his face.
"Wow such a temper from a pretty face." He clenches his jaw at the pain but manages a smirk. I let out a petty laugh. I bend his arm all the way back causing it to break.
"Ah fuck! You psycho bitch!"  He grabs his arm.
"I'll kill you if you don't leave with the cops too." I say.
"Fuck! Fine!" He stands up.
"Everyone out!" He orders. Everyone leaves the house apart from him.
"I'll take care of her." Tom says.
"You're both crazy. And know that I am not finished with you two. I will do anything to find you and kill you. Do you understand?" He threatens as he leaves my house. I place my gun on the kitchen counter as I walk over to Tom and Nikki who's still whimpering on the floor.
"You're lucky I didn't kill you." I smile.
"You...you're crazy!" She stutters.
"Call me that one more time babe." I point my gun towards her.
Silence.
"That's what I thought." I smile.
"Put her downstairs." I sigh as I put my gun back intro the drawer.
"Okay." Tom lifts Nikki up and takes her downstairs to what basically is a big room like a prison. I thought it could be handy one day.
Tom comes back upstairs and locks the door.
"So, you wanna tell me about this Alex?"
"I don't." I dismiss.
"Come on Violet you can talk to me-"
"Tom I said I don't want to!" I shout as I walk up the stairs.
"I'm getting dressed." I say as I go upstairs.
"Violet!" Cam whispers down the hall.
"Oh my god I forgot about you two! Are you guys okay?" I ask, running down the hall.
"No yeah we're fine, but holy shit! Nikki?" She says surprised.
"I know. Didn't expect it either." I shake my head.
"Alex was there Vi." Cam whispers and holds my arm.
"I know. He's a dick and if he comes back I'll kill him." I say, not looking at Cam.
"You know you can't do that. You can bring yourself to." Cam whispers.
"Well sometimes you just have to do something you don't like." I say.
"I'm getting dressed. Help yourselves to breakfast." I force a smile then get into my bedroom at the end of the hall. I close the door and slump down onto the floor. I burst into tears.
The love of my life isn't dead. He's here and I hate him. I hate him so much. Not for faking it...but for coming back. I was finally moving on and he's fucked it up.
"Violet?" Tom lightly knocks on my door.
"What?" I snuffle.
"Can I come in?" He asks. I sigh and open the door while I'm on the floor.
"Hey," he closes the door and sits down next to me.
"Alex is a real touchy subject for me and I'm still not ready to talk about it." I say.
"It's fine," he brings me in for a hug.
My tears roll off of my cheeks onto Toms bare shoulders.
"I had an idea," Tom lightly says, rubbing my back.
"What's that?" I say into his shoulder.
"Would you like to go on holiday?" He asks. I feel a grin creep across my face.
"Seriously?" I smile.
"Yeah, just decide where you want to go and we can sort it out," He smiles widely.
"I love you." I hug Tom tightly.
"Now wipe your tears babe and get dressed cause there's not fucking way I'm eating my mother's breakfast." He laughs.
"Tom," I stop him before he leaves my room.
"Hm?"
"I'm sorry about your mum." I smile empathetically. He sighs.
"It's okay. I've had a hunch for a while."
"That's what everyone says Tom. It's okay to be emotional about it." I rub his arm. He nods and winks at me before leaving the room.
Wow...what a weekend.