CHAPTER 2

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

"I'm here as you requested, Mr. Spiridakou."

"So it seems," I replied with a glimmer in my eyes. I raked my gaze in her no-nonsense appearance. She became more beautiful and more confident than the last time I saw her. Sapphire St. Clair. My ex-wife. The woman I thought I would spend the rest of my life with but I was mistaken.

"Let's get over with this meeting, shall we?" She informed me coldly, silently telling me that she doesn't wish to spend any more time in my company when before... "I have lots of things to do so if we could just start."

"Ah, the famous hard-nosed granddaughter of Daniel St. Clair. The woman who presides the board meeting of her grandfather's billion-dollar jewelry empire. The same woman who happens to be my ex-wife" I stated, sitting on the corner of my table enjoying her irritated reaction.

"Are you done?" She asked coldly, tucking her hands in the middle of her chest. "Did you just ask me to be here to throw insult in my face?"

I permitted myself to smile slightly. "Who says I'm insulting you, agapiméni mou?"

The icy shards in her eyes were unmistakable. "Please stick with formalities, Mr. Spiridakou. We're having a business meeting and I am not in the mood for pleasantries. Please, focus on the agenda of this meeting, thank you very much."

"How cold, Sapphire," I told her. I felt my lips twitch with a smile. "You once enjoy my company so much."

The cold glare she threw in my direction was enough to freeze entire Greece right now. But I knew very well beneath that icy demeanor of hers there's once a warm woman whose eyes lit at the sight of me before. "I don't remember."

"That's a shame."

She looked at me with irritation in her green eyes. "Look, I'm sure you don't want to waste your time more than I want to waste mine in your company so if you can just say what do you want to say and let's move forward with our busy day." She paused for a moment. "Don't tell me that you don't really have important things to say with regards to our company you just want to ruin my day."

"You wounded me, Ms. St. Clair," I informed her playfully, though I was not really offended by her words. In fact, she had threw far more hurtful words in our divorce.

My ex-wife rolled her eyes. "I'm going just send a written report in our store for whatever concern you have for our company. Good day, Mr. Spiridakou."

"Wait!" I informed her when she was about to leave my office. "Let's go to the boardroom to have some privacy."

She just merely raised an eyebrow in my direction. The looked in her eyes silently telling me that she doesn't trust me to come inside the boardroom alone with me. "Is that necessary? Can we just have the meeting here in your office?"

I shook my head regretfully. "I'm afraid the documents are inside the boardroom. So if you will come inside and let's discuss this matter concerning your company." I removed myself from my desk table and walked on the side door in my office going to the boardroom. I held the doorway open to her to come inside first. "After you."

After probably an internal debate she finally walk inside the room. I couldn't miss the way her stance spoke loudly saying her guard was up so I'd better be careful not to mess with her.

"What now?" She asked, tucking the wayward strand of golden hair in the back of her ear. My hand itched to do it myself since I've done just that countless times before. But I held myself in check I was aware that she won't appreciate the gesture.