CHAPTER 18

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

"I'm ready," I said coming out of the bedroom when I saw him sitting in the living room waiting for me he was already dressed for the party.

"Finally." He said with satisfaction, standing from the sofa he approach me with an appreciative gaze. "I thought I would have to wait another hour before you're done preparing for the party." He raked his gaze on me from head to toe. "I must say that it's worth the wait. You look ravishing, agapiméni."

I threw him a disapproving look. "I didn't take long to prepare!" I looked at my evening gown consciously. "I just don't know what to wear, that's all."

"As I said, it's worth the wait." He repeated, examining my form fully. "You look like a goddess who came down to earth to tempt the male species. I am sure men at the party will die of envy because you are mine, Sapphire."

I couldn't help the heat that rose on my cheeks. "What a sweet-tongue devil. No wonder women fell for your infamous charm."

"I don't want any other woman but you."

I pointedly didn't answer him instead I looked away and glance at my wristwatch. "We better go or we'll be late for the party."

"Wait." He said, grabbing my arm when I was about to walk towards the door. I raised an eyebrow in his direction. "For a woman who is ironically a jewelry heiress you certainly unadorned for the party."

I frowned while staring at him. I don't understand what he was implying just now. "I told you before I am not fond of sparkling things."

There was a strange smile on his face that I couldn't fathom. "I think we can alter that." He fished out something in his trousers' pocket and present the familiar rings. "I think they belong on your finger not in the dresser drawer."

For a moment I couldn't speak my eyes were just focus on the engagement and wedding rings in his palm. I never thought that I would ever see them again. "I—I..."

"I want you to wear them again, Sapphire." He said, his voice was thick with emotions. That's when I realize that he was nervous. "I want us to be official again."

"But we're divorced now, remember?" I reminded him sensibly. "I think wearing my wedding rings is out of the question. I don't think it would be proper to wear them again."

"We don't need a piece of paper saying that we're man and wife, my love. What is important is what we feel about each other. I want us to be official divorce or not I want us to live as man and wife again."

I stared at him for a moment, my heart also wish just like that but deep inside I was scared—scared that we couldn't make it the second time around. "Loukas...I don't—"

"Please?" He pleaded, his eyes show whatever emotion he have at the moment. That's when I realize that I was slowly losing my resolve due to his persistence. "I want to marry you again but I know you are not ready yet so I will wait until you find it in your heart to trust me again in taking good care of you."

My throat was lump with emotions. I was beyond grateful to found this kind of man who never given up on me despite my insecurities who was still willing to fight for what we have. But do I dare to give it a try again? Marriage...?

"Sapphire?"

I was dragged out of my reverie. I saw him looking at me intently. "What do you say? Are you willing to find it in your heart to trust me again? I promise that I will win back your love for me just give me a chance to prove it to you."

What choice do I have when he says something like that? I took a deep breath as I reluctantly presented my left hand so he could slip the rings on my finger. "All right, I will wear them again."