CHAPTER 9

TWO YEARS AGO...

Sapphire St. Clair's POV

"You look beautiful tonight..." He said in his deep voice, his eyes glittering under the moonlight as we stood at the private beach his family owns. "...my wife, my very own jewel. My Sapphire."

I looked up at his handsome face as he drew me closer to the hard contour of his body. It seems that we fit perfectly with each other. "I wish we could say a little longer here. I will miss the slow life here on the island."

He laughed heartily, enveloping me in a loving hug as the cold wind caress our skin. "Don't worry, agapiméni. We will take another vacation for our coming 1st wedding anniversary. I promise that we will be here again but your husband's presence is needed in the city, for now, I fear."

"I understand," I breathed in the curve of his strong arms, inhaling his masculine scent. "You are a busy man, after all."

He drew back slightly from our embrace to look at me in the eyes. "Thank you for your understanding, my love. I don't know why I deserve such a considerate woman like you but I will not question my good fortune."

I laughed merrily in his arms, my heart swelled with love for this man only. "You are a sweet-talking devil do you know that, Mr. Spiridakou?"

He cupped my face with his large hands. I automatically close my eyes more than ready for his kiss because I was aware of where one kiss could lead. "And you are a lustful wife."

I opened my eyes and stared at the devilish look on his face. He was teasing me! My cheeks flamed with embarrassment. "Oh, you!" I said as I spun around walking away from him.

"Wait! Sapphire..." He said between laughter. He was always like that teasing me, he likes to see the annoyance in my face. "Agapiméni."

"I'm going inside." I shivered whenever he was using that endearment my heart warms in my chest but I was not going to tell him that. I walked briskly on the beachside. I was aware that he followed my suit. "Don't you dare follow me? You will sleep in the living room tonight, Loukas."

"Wait..." He said but I could still hear the rich laughter in his voice. He tried to have a straight face but I could see that he's preventing himself from laughing out loud with his annoying joke. "I'm sorry."

I crossed my arms in the middle of my chest and eyed him irately. "You are not sorry. I can see in your face."

He tried to look solemn and sincere but his eyes were still gleaming with delight. My eyes narrowed again in his direction. He ignored my dark glares as he tucked some loose strands of hair in at the back of my ear. "Will my wife forgive me for baiting her?"

"It depends," I replied, still giving him an angry stare but the smile slipping on my lips betray me completely.

He grinned when he realized that I wasn't serious about my anger. He sensually touch my cheek and drew his face closer to mine. "I know a way to subdue your anger towards me, my lovely wife."

"And what is that?"

He lifted my chin with his long fingers so I could meet his scintillating gaze. "How about a lovely kiss so she can forgive me in jesting her a while ago?"

"I don't think that will work," I announced arrogantly even if my breath was starting to get jagged with anticipation. Damn this man, he knew that I could not resist him even if I wanted to and he ruthlessly using that information against me most of the time.

"There's only one way to find it out, agapiméni. Shall we try?" He invited to like the very devil who was inviting you to become a sinner.