party poison sucks at card games

"'Morning bitch." I say as party walks into the front room.

"Fuck off." He grabs a can of power pup and starts to eat on the other side of the room.

"D said that it's gonna last another week, if not longer." I say as I leave to go back to jets room.

I hear him mumbling bitterly.

Jets room is pretty nice. He's not exactly organized but it's relatively clean. A few posters are taped up and designs made from spray paint. I flip down on his bed.

There's nothing to fucking do here. I can't go outside so fighting Dracs isn't something that I can really do. Poison's an asshole so I'm not fucking talking to him. That's when I spot some playing cards.

"Oh fuck Jet!" I pick them up and walk back into the front. Party isn't here luckily. I shuffle the deck and lay them out.

"Solitaire, really?" I shut my eyes and take a deep breath, my hands itching to strange him.

"Yeah. You got a fucking problem? There ain't shit to do here." I get up, careful to not move the cards.

"That's the most boring card game ever." He glares at me.

"So the fuck do I do? Stare at the goddamn things? Build a tedious fucking tower that you'll knock over with one breath? Do some card tricks for the wall?" I'm up in his face at this point.

"How about we fucking play something. You're not the only one here who gets fucking bored. Shuffle the fucking cards and lets play." He pushes me out of the way and sits in ripped vinyl bench opposite of mine.

"Dont tell me what to fucking do." I was bored of my goddamn mind, so even if this ends with us ghosting each other it's something to do.

"What're we playin'?" He asks.

"Figure it out." I hand him four cards and take four for myself. The rest is in a pile next to me. I have a three of hearts, an ace of spades, a queen of diamonds, and a five of hearts. I pick up one of the cards, it's a four of hearts. I slide the queen of diamonds face down to him. He seems to get it and trade it out for something. he starts to discard them in a pile next to him.

I finally find it, a six of hearts. I stick my tongue out and keep passing him cards. He obviously knows the game but if I had to guess he's only played it once or twice. He hasn't looked at me once.

"Read it and weep fuck face!" He slams his cards down, a five, six, seven, and eight of spades. He looks at me. "Oh fuck. I forgot."

I lay down my cards. "Took you long enough." I smile slightly in the most cocky way I can.

"Rematch. I'm starting." He takes the rest of the cards and tries to shuffle. He ends up just mixing the cards on the table with his hands like he was playing soup with some dominoes.

I watch, amused. He throws four at me and takes four for himself. After spending way too long trying to fix the deck.

We continue, and about 15 rounds later and him only winning one he throws his hands up. "I hate this game. What else ya got?"

"Aww. Is wittle party poison having a bad twime? Is he upset he's losing'." I know he hates how condescending I'm being. That just drives me on more. "Wittle party poison can't handle it can he?"

"Fuck off. Let's play something else." He shoves the deck at me.

"How 'bout somethin' easy. Go fish?" I try to keep a straight face.

"Fuck you. I fucking hate you." He hits his head on the table.

"Me too." I shuffle the desk.

"You hate me too or your also hate yourself." His head is still on the table.

"Yep." I lay out two rows of five for me and him and start. I get five, seven, ace, and ten before I get another ace. I hand the card to him. I know he's been watching me the whole time but tried to ignore him.

He gets eight, four, ten, and two before he gets another four and hands it back to me. At the end of my turn all I'm missing is an eight. I hand a five to him. Now all he's missing is a seven.

I start pulling cards off the deck. A six, a three, five, and seven. "Aw fuck." I give him the card.

"Hell Yeah!" He does a victory dance.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen." I put the cards back in the deck and shuffle.

He stops. "Ever looked in a mirror?"

"What's a mirror, never heard of it." I give a fake confused look.

"Idiot. Well I'm going to bed, 'night." He stands up and walks away. I decide to play a round or two of solitaire before going to bed and set up the cards. He decides to scare me to death i guess and whispers in my ear, " don't let the dracs bite." He kisses me on the cheek and walks away.

I sit in shock for a minute. "What the fuck." He's long gone but what the fuck.

I take the cards and go back to jets room. I fucking hate that man. He is the bane of my existence. So why the fuck did that bother me so much, he was obviously being his usual annoying self. I sit on jets bed, thinking.

Music blasts from his room. It's Green Day's Longview. It's a good song, I gotta give him that at least but jesus christ. I lay back and stare at the ceiling, I should ask if they have any purple hair dye soon, mines starting to fade. I sit back up to untie my boots and I shed my jacket. The music gets louder when my door opens.

"The fuck?" I stand up.

"Get your gun, I'm not sure how but we got company." My eyes widen a little at his words. I get my boots back on and pull my gun out of its holster. He waits for me at the door.

"How the fuck?" I walk with him, my gun drawn.

"I don't know if I saw them out my window. Left on the music so they don't know I saw them." He pushes his red hair out of his face.

"Well maybe if you hadn't been playing it so fucking loud they wouldn't have heard you from the city." We position ourselves behind the counter and point our guns at the door. Two dracs walk in, and both are immediately shot down.

"Is that all ya saw?" My gun stays pointed at the door.

"Yeah. How the fuck did they not die from that?" He glances outside.

"Hell if I know. I want them as far away from here as possible though."

We shove the bodies outside as far as we can without going out.

"I'm going to bed. For real. Keep your fucking music down." He's looking outside, his back to me. I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and pull him closer with my hands on his hips, two can play at that game. "If not I'll smash the radio to bits."

I turn and walk away. I really hope his back is still to me because my ears are red as fuck. I'm not exactly used to flirting, even if it's just to get under each other's skin.

I lay down in bed, and I hear his music turn down. I can hear it faintly but it's good enough i guess.