twenty one guns

I can't fucking believe I've kissed party poison. I hated his fucking guts since the day I met him and now my face gets red every time i see him. And he fuckin knows it. He gets this fuckin smirk on his face and that just makes it worse. He's gonna be the death of me.

I haven't had much alone time with him since so when he volunteers us for a solo mission together I'm about to lose it.

"Ok do not get out of the car until you get to battery city or your arms will get burnt by whatever acid they put in the rain." Kobra keeps lecturing us as we get ready to go. It's pretty simple, sneak into a warehouse and steal some supplies.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't die of boredom here." Party gives his brother a quick hug before going out to the garage. I give just give him a high five and follow.

I don't say anything on the drive over. We went over the plan back at the diner so there isn't anything to talk about. Or so I thought.

"What'd you think of kissin me?"

When I said he's gonna be the death of me I didn't think it'd be so soon. "Eh." I shrugged. I really am bad at this ain't I?

"Eh?" He repeats. "Ok. How would you feel about kissing me again?"

"I mean I wouldn't start it but I sure as hell won't stop you." Yep. My heart gave out.

"Well in that case," he slows the car and leans over. I meet him halfway.

We break apart for air. "Wanna go out with me?"

"We live in a desert and eat dog food. Good luck finding a place for us to go."

"You know what I fuckin meant."

"Yeah."

"Sweet."

We're actually quite the rest of the drive over. The mission goes to plan except for one tiny flaw.

"Black light?" Its her. She might have a drac mask on but I'd recognize her anywhere. "Black light!" That gets attention. Before the party can stop me I'm running to her. This isn't possible. She turns to me and immediately goes for her gun. It's a plain white one. Her multi colored nails are plain now, and there's no paint staining her hands from helping silver. I put my hands up and step back. "It's me, Y/K/N."

"Killjoy scum will be exterminated." I jump out of the way as a shot flies past me. It's hard to see from the tears blurring my vision.

"Y/K/N!" Party pulls me back and I do exactly what she told me to do if they ever get a mask on her. I shoot her straight in the chest.

As we run I blink away tears. We had already gotten the supplies in the car and were just looking around for anything cool, so I guess that's lucky. Party races out of there and far away from the city.

He parks in the middle of nowhere and pulls me into a tight hug. I'm sobbing into his shoulder. "I-I thought she was dead! I just kill-I just-" I can't get it out.

"It's better than being a drac. It wasn't her." Party rubs circles into my back.

"Can-can you sing something again?" I feel dumb asking for it but it helped a lot last time.

"Do you know what's worth fighting for?
When it's not worth dying for
Does it take your breath away?
And you feel yourself suffocating
Does the pain weigh out the pride?
And you look for a place to hide?
Did someone break your heart inside?
You're in ruins

One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,
You and I

When you're at the end of the road
And you lost all sense of control
And your thoughts have taken their toll
When your mind breaks the spirit of your soul
Your faith walks on broken glass
And the hangover doesn't pass
Nothing's ever built to last
You're in ruins

One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,
You and I

Did you try to live on your own?
When you burned down the house and home?
Did you stand too close to the fire?
Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone
When it's time to live and let die
And you can't get another try
Something inside this heart has died
You're in ruins

One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,

One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,
You and I."

I haven't heard that song in forever and It's perfect coming from him. He holds me while I fall apart. When I finally calm down its night.

"How about we get some sleep."

I nod, not trusting my voice. We do our best to lay down in the back seat of the car.

"You d-don't have to tell me, but what happened- you said something about losing someone."

"I don't mind. His name was paint explosion. He got ghosted in a clap by jumping in front of a shot that would have hit me."

"That's fuckin awful." I hug him tighter. We're basically clinging onto each other so he doesn't fall off the seat.

"It hurt. It gets better though. It's always gonna hurt but I know he would want me to move on."

"Thanks. For everything."

"No problem."

I fall asleep to the sound of him breathing and the rain beating on the roof of the car.