the one where panic! at the disco makes an appearance

I wake up in a room with walls covered in spray paint. It's a far cry from the blank white walls I was expecting but it's definitely releaveing. I carefully inspect the places I got shot and find them covered in bandages, and after gently feeling them conclude they're stitched up. I stand up carefully, feeling a little dizzy.

"Oh good! You're awake! I'm Saturday night, you?" The guy who walked in has a gold jacket and talks a 100 miles a minute.

"Y/K/N. What happened?"

"You tried to take on an army of dracs on your own. Didn't go to great but we were nearby and helped ya out a little. Why were you taking on that many anyway?" He leads me to a front room with four other killjoys. "That's the calendar (Sarah Urie), disco queen (Nicole Row), bleed magic (dallon weekes), and tragic sins (Ryan Ross)."

I give them all a quick hello before answering Saturday. "I was trying to buy time for my group. They didn't really wanna leave me but we all knew it was the only chance they had in getting out."

"Oh wow dude, that sounds awful. You wanna try to find them? What were their names? Of wait hold on." He held up his finger and practically sprinted to a cabinet. He came back with some power pup. "Here, you're probably hungry." He shoved the can in my hand.

"Thanks. Do you know Kobra kids group? I've been running with them for a little bit." I opened it and took a bite.

"The Kobra Kid? Shit dude!"

"Yeah. Do you know where I can find em?"

"No clue. Wanna go to dr D's and see if he has any idea? Plus we could get out the idea that you aren't ghosted." He suggests.

"Probably a good idea."

"Let's get this show on the road!" He yells and I follow him to the car after waving goodbye at the others.

"So Y/K/N, how long have you been runnin with the fabulous?"

"Since the storm, at first it was just Party."

"Party is hot though. I've only talked to him once or twice but god DAMN."

"I guess." I shrug.

"Do you not think he's hot?" Saturday looks offended at the possibility.

"Don't get me wrong he /is/, but like he's also hot in like a soft way."

"Elaborate?"

"So like yeah he can be hot when he wants to but he's also just like good looking and really sweet sometimes?"

"Aww, that sounds like you've got a crushhhh."

"yeah."

——time skip bc I kinda just wanna wrap up this Story I'm sorry y'all——-

"Y/K/N!" The second I walked into the station I'm engulfed in a hug. The instantly recognizable red hair tells me it's Party.

"Hey dude." I hug back.

"Fuck man. Thought you were dead!" He lets go of me and holds me at arms length, probably looking me over for injuries. There's some holes in my shirt and jeans but it isn't too bad. He doesn't look like he's completely believing this is real.

"Can get rid of me that easy. Oh and that's Saturday night." I gesture towards him.

"Thanks for getting them home man."

"No problem. Killjoys gotta help eachother out. See you around." He waves and leaves.

"Hey Y/K/N!" Kobra says. The other two greet me too.

Party poison hasn't let go of me since I've gotten back. I sit with them while they eat, I don't because I just ate a little bit ago.

"So what happened?" Jet asks.

"Give you guys time to escape, got shot and woke up with some other killjoys. Nothing much really. How long was I gone?"

"A few days." Ghoul answers. "Party looked like he was about to go insane."

"Was not!" He objects.

"So you weren't worried about me?" I say, pretending to be hurt.

"No i-" He starts "We thought he was about to go out and kill as many dracs as he could to try to find you." Kobra interrupts.

"I've done the same thing." I shrug.

"We know." Party pulls me closer to him and puts his head on my shoulder. "Love you." He whispers in my ear.

"Love you too." I respond quietly.

"Quit being all lovesick we're trying to talk about space!" Kobra exclaims in the middle of his sentence to the other two.

"Fuck off!" We yell in unison.

"Get a room." Jet laughs.

We don't actually get a room but we do hang up on the roof with some power pup. The foods a mood killer and instead we mess around, laughing at each other.

His hair's messy and he's giggling at something stupid he's trying to say but can barely get the words out from laughing. The setting sun casting a bright glow over him, putting half his face in shadow. It's a perfect picture.

"What ya lookin at me like that for?" He asks, still trying to hold back his laughter.

"Nothin. You're just pretty."

He blushes. "Shut up."

"Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty." I chant. He hides his face in his hands.

"Fuck off!" I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Don't hide that pretty face." I pull his hands away. He looks up at me. "There it is." He's blushing bright red. He takes me by surprise when he pulls me in front of my shirt. By the time we separate for air I'm blushing like crazy.

"Aw, who's the pretty one now?"

"You still."

"You know what? Im calling in my favor you're the pretty one and I want you to admit it."

"Fuck you."

"Admit it!"

"I'm the pretty one." He looks proud of himself for a second. "Not!"

"Fuck off." He pulls me closer to him and we watch the desert get dark, our backs to the sun.

I fall asleep, my head on his shoulder and him keeping me warm from the cold night desert air.