chicken

Was re-reading to check something for the sequel and changed something so ✌️

I woke up with someone's arms around me. I don't seem to be in any danger and I'm way too tired to care. I press myself closer to whoever it is. It's probably black light.

Wait. I jump away. "No." Party snaps awake and I sink back to my knees, shanking.

"Y/K/N?" He reaches out.

"Don't fucking touch me." He pulls his hand back like he was burned by my words.

"What is it?" He seems unsure of what to do. God I'm fucking weak. I'm breaking down for the second time in front of him. This really ruins the tough-guy image I've had since the start. Ha i wish.

"It's fucking nothing." I wipe my tears away with the back of my hand and stand up. "I'm fine."

"And I've never killed a drac." He gets up give gives me a few feet of space.

"It's just that b-black light did that. After claps." I hate talking about it but here we fucking are.

"sounds like you really loved her." He says. There's a certain understanding in his voice. "I know how you feel."

"It fucking hurts party. I-i miss her. I never told her either." I can't look him in the eye. Black light's the only one who's ever seen me cry before. Why the hell did it have to be fucking party poison.

"I know." He chances a step forward. I don't object to he pulls me into a tight hug. "I lost someone a few years back. They were my world. You'll never get over it, but it gets better."

"Why would she have to die. Why does anyone have to die?" My question hangs in the air. He doesn't seem to know what to say.

"I don't know. It's not fair. The best we can do is make sure they didn't die in vain." We stand silently. The sound of the rain hitting the roof starts to grow quieter.

"Is it over?" He asks.

"God I hope so!" We look outside. It's still raining slightly but it's nothing close to what it was before. "Wasn't it supposed to last at least a week?"

"Yeah." He left the radio so we have no idea what's going on.

"Well I guess it's goodbye then." I pick my jacket up from the floor.

"Goodbye?" He asks.

"Yeah. We had that moment or whatever but we were just fucking trapped. Good luck." I know he wants to say something but leave before he can get a word in, using my jacket as an umbrella.

I eventually find my way back to my old home. I was right about the rain washing everything away. Just some soggy ashes.

I start to look through the rubble but there's nothing. Not even bits silvers of paintings. Not even colors huge collection of hair dye colors. None of black lights jewelry I turn my back on it. I'm gonna kill every fucking drac.

I begin my walk to battery city. I'm hungry and thirsty and tired. I ignore every thought other then how much I want to kill every fucking drac and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W I can find. By the time I get to zone two I've seen about three dracs. None of them saw the shot coming.

This is a Suicide mission and I don't care. I didn't want to live without them. Especially black light. Maybe I'll get to see her again. The shoot every drac I come across as I get into the city, avoiding civilians. There's too many. I've barely been in bat city for five minutes and there's too many for me to take on.

I fight as hard as I can but a shot hits me in the arm I use to shoot. I try to switch but one his me in the chest. I thought id get farther.

"Y/K/N!" I can barely muster the energy to look who it was. I catch a glimpse of flaming red hair. I feel myself picked up and brought to a car. Someone's talking to me. "Come on, stay awake!"