Chapter 2

Rachel walked purposefully down the hall, towards the auditorium, where she was meeting Puck. It was the day after she had agreed to help him break up Finn and Quinn and she felt an undeniable feeling of guilt drowning her. It didn't feel right breaking up a couple for her own selfish reasons, but she knew she wanted to do it.

What if Finn and Quinn were meant to be together and she was ruining their chance at happiness? She couldn't live with herself if that happened. She couldn't ruin someone's happy ever after, just so she could get hers. Also, if anyone found out about their plan, they would hate both Puck and Rachel for doing it. They had good intentions, but would anyone else see it that way?

When she reached the auditorium doors, she made her way inside. She saw Puck sat on the edge of the stage with his legs hanging above the floor. She walked to him and sat down without a word.

"So, you decided to show?" Puck said eventually, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean? We agreed to meet here." Rachel frowned in confusion.

"I know, but I thought you might have chickened out." Puck admitted as he swung his legs back and forth.

"I thought about it." Rachel confessed.

"Then why didn't you?" Puck asked, looking properly at Rachel.

"Because I'm too in love with Finn." Rachel admitted quietly and she avoided Puck's gaze.

"Right." Puck nodded in understanding and looked down.

"Just so you know, what we're about to do is deplorable." Rachel said. She figured letting Puck know that she wasn't proud of what they were planning would make her feel slightly better. It didn't.

"I know." Puck nodded. "But it's for the greater good." He reminded her.

"Good point." Rachel smiled slightly. "I suppose it's one of those situations where the ends justify the means."

"What?" Puck frowned in confusion and Rachel remembered who she was dealing with.

"It means that you can use bad or immoral methods as long as you accomplish something good by using them." Rachel explained causing Puck to nod in understanding.

"Right, well can we just get started?" Puck asked in a more cheerful tone. "You're already making my brain hurt." He added with a small frown.

Rachel shot Puck a hostile glance but nodded. "How would we actually break them up?"

It was easy to say that they were going to break a couple up; but actually doing it was another matter. How would you go about doing something like that? It seemed like a challenge.

"I think we have to start small." Puck mused out loud. "We can't make our plan too obvious."

"Right." Rachel nodded. "I googled how to break a couple up last night," Puck rolled his eyes but continued to listen. "It said you have to become a confidant to the person you want to be with."

"What do you mean?"

"They can trust you and rely on you." Rachel explained again.

The pair stayed silent while they thought about their plan. It was a hard thing to do without people finding out. They thought in silence for a few moments before Rachel spoke.

"Finn and I always communicate through music," She said. Puck looked at her to see where she was going with the thought. "So I could sing a song to him in Glee this afternoon to let him no I'm not giving up on him."

"But where does that get me and Quinn?" Puck frowned, he should have known Rachel would be selfish with this plan.

"Well, Quinn is going to be mad that I'm not backing down." Rachel said, as if the rest of the explanation was obvious. The blank look she was receiving from Puck and the fact he stayed silent prompted her to continue. "When Quinn complains about the mole in her relationship, she is going to want to complain to someone." Puck still didn't catch on and Rachel sighed. "She can complain to you! You can be her confidant!"