Chapter 12

On Monday morning, Finn pulled up in the school car-park and climbed out of his truck. He felt nervous about seeing everyone, especially Quinn. The only thing that was keeping a smile on his face was the thought of Rachel. He knew Rachel would be here and she would make sure no one gave him too hard a time.

Finn walked through the double doors and headed straight towards his locker. He passed some cheerleaders on the way, all of whom stared at him. He felt like everyone was staring at him, just because he chose Rachel instead of the girl that was his girlfriend. He ignored them and walked a little faster.

As he turned a corner, he spotted Rachel rummaging through her locker, looking for something or other. A smile touched his lips as he walked towards her. She didn't see him until he was a only few steps away. She turned to him, a smile on her face.

"Hello, Finn." She greeted.

"Hey, Sweetie." Finn lowered himself to kiss Rachel's lips. He wasn't expecting her to back away though so he was just kissing the air. "What are you doing?" Finn asked with a frown.

"I don't usually kiss guys that I'm not committed to." Rachel said with a casual shrug. She closed her locker and tried to turn around.

Finn frowned and walked to the other side of her, blocking her path so she couldn't leave. "What are you talking about?"

"You're technically not my boyfriend." Rachel pointed out. "So, until it's official, there will be no hugging, hand-holding, and definitely no kissing."

Finn smiled slightly at Rachel's comment. He remembered that they had never actually made their relationship official, but he just assumed it was implied. "So, me choosing you to be Prom Queen wasn't enough to make you my girlfriend?"

"Well, if you had asked me..." Rachel smirked, waiting for him to ask her officially.

"Fine." Finn said. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Rachel frowned slightly. "You don't sound like you want it."

"Do I really have to do this?" Finn asked.

"Yes." Rachel looked at him expectedly.

"Please, oh please, Rachel, would you please be my girlfriend?" Finn asked dramatically, like Rachel wanted.

"I don't appreciate the sarcasm, but yes." Rachel said with a smile.

"Now can I have a kiss?" Finn asked.

"I suppose so." Rachel shrugged.

Finn smiled and bent down, giving Rachel a gentle kiss. Rachel grinned and took Finn's hand as they began to walk down the hall.

"Doesn't this feel great?" Rachel asked. "We're back together again, just like we should be."

"Yeah, it is." Finn smiled, proudly squeezing Rachel's hand.

Puck passed a happy looking Finn and Rachel with a frown. He wished it had worked out that well for him and Quinn. It hadn't exactly gone badly for him, he just still wasn't in a relationship with her. However, he hoped he could change that today. His plan was to find her and, if she seemed well enough, ask her out.

He knew he would find Quinn on the bleachers, which is where she always went when something stressful happened. As soon as he stepped outside, he saw her right where he expected her to be, sat on her own. She was staring at the field thoughtfully, though she didn't look as upset as she had that Friday. Puck walked straight over to her and stood in front of her.

"Hey." He smiled at her.

"Hi." She looked at him for a few moments before tapping the seat next to her. "Sit down." She invited.