Chapter 11

"Mr. Finn Hudson," Principal Figgins continued. "Between Rachel Berry and Quinn Fabray, who do you want to be your Queen?"

Rachel looked over to him. What was even happening right now? She shouldn't be here. Finn had to make a decision, and Rachel would finally know who he wanted to be with: her or Quinn. Her heart was pounding. This was it. Her future with or without Finn was about to begin.

Quinn also looked over to Finn. She already suspected who he would choose. He was in love with Rachel and she knew it. But he also said he loved her. She was finally going to find out who he loved more. The only thing she was worried about was the embarrassment if Finn chose the girl that wasn't his girlfriend.

Finn's mouth hung open in surprise. The two girls who he had been desperately trying to choose between for a long time stood before him waiting for an answer. This was it. He had to choose right now, in front of a room full of people. He looked at the girls while he tried to decide.

Quinn stood looking at him, her face relatively expressionless. She looked beautiful, like she always did. She always made sure she looked pretty, without a flaw. She took pride in her appearance, because she hadn't always looked that good. Quinn always acted like a strong person who liked to keep power. She acted like a bitch to everyone, just to make herself look untouchable. But Finn knew it was only to hide her vulnerability. Quinn only let a small amount of people see the real her, and she had honoured Finn with that position. At some point, she really had loved Finn, and he had loved her. They were special to each other, and that would never change.

Finn looked over to Rachel. Everyone else thought that Rachel was nowhere near as pretty as Quinn, but not Finn. Rachel was perfect to him. Even the parts of herself that Rachel viewed as imperfections, they were the parts of Rachel that Finn loved most. They were perfect to him. She was always there for him when he needed someone most. She loved him for him, and not for his position on the social ladder.

Right there and then, the answer was clear to Finn. He tugged up the corner of his mouth into a half-smile. He finally knew his answer. He couldn't believe it had taken this long but he finally knew it.

"I hate to rush you, but we're going to need an answer." Mr. Figgins said. "Who shall we crown Prom Queen?"

Finn took a deep breath and stepped up to the microphone. The crowd was absolutely silent, waiting for his answer. Finn took one last deep breath before revealing, "Rachel Berry."

The crowd remained in a stunned silence for a moment. He had actually chose the woman who wasn't his girlfriend. Finally, someone from the crowd started to clap. One by one, the room caught on and also began to clap, until eventually there was an eruption of cheers.

Rachel stared at Finn in disbelief. He had actually chosen her. She was ecstatic to hear Finn say her name, though she felt guilty about Quinn. She looked at the girl standing next to her, who was staring at the floor. She didn't look sad, just disappointed.

But Rachel didn't have much time to consider Quinn's feelings. Someone stepped forward and placed a tiara on her head. One of the Prom Queen nominees pushed her forward so she was next to Finn. The moment seemed so surreal to her. A room full of people clapping for her while she stood next to her true love who had actually chosen her. This was unexpected, yet amazing.

"Can we please make room on the dance floor so that our Prom Royalty can have their first dance." Mr. Figgins instructed through the microphone.

The crowd all backed away, leaving a circle in the centre for the couple to dance. Some soft music began to play for the to dance to. Mr. Figgins had to prompt them to leave the stage as they were both still in shock.