Chapter 6

"You're late, Berry."

"I know, Puckerman." Rachel walked over to Puck on the park bench and sat next to him.

"Can you try and be on time for once?" Puck said in annoyance.

"Oh, I'm getting a punctuality lecture from the guy who's never arrived at school on time in his life." Rachel said with an eye roll.

"Can we just get started?" Puck said impatiently, tired of arguing with Rachel every time they met up.

They were meeting to discuss part two of their plan. After seeing Finn and Quinn acting like a happy couple, it had made them much more determined to break them up. Puck was incredibly jealous of his best friend, and Rachel was incredibly jealous of the pretty blonde. The sooner they could break up Finn and Quinn, the better.

"So, what do you have in mind?" Puck asked after a moments silence.

"I was thinking jealousy." Rachel suggested.

"Jealousy?"

"If they see us with other people, they'll get jealous. When they get jealous, they'll realise they still have feelings for us. When they realise they still have feelings for us, they'll break up." Rachel explained the steps in her plan.

"What've we got to lose?" Puck said with a shrug. Rachel frowned when he wasn't as enthusiastic as she was. "So, we've just got to get a date?"

"Well, we need to show them." Rachel informed him. "So, we'll take someone to prom."

"So, I have to take you to prom?" Puck asked, frowning at the idea.

Rachel laughed at the idea, causing Puck to frown more. "Please, Noah, we have to at least make it realistic."

"What? We've been out before." Puck reminded her defensively.

"Yes, and you couldn't keep hold of me for a week." Rachel reminded him, causing him to scowl. "No. We need to go with other people."

"I don't know if you've noticed, Rachel, but you don't exactly have guys fighting over you." Puck said with a smirk.

"And I don't know if you've noticed, Puck, but you have pointless one-night-stands all the time. Do you see Quinn getting jealous of them?" Rachel retorted. Puck bringing up the fact that no boys wanted to date her was a low-blow.

"What's your point, Berry?" Puck growled. He and Rachel always seemed to argue whenever they spoke.

"You'll need to take someone who's either close to Quinn, or an ex-girlfriend. Or both."

"Well who are you going with?" Puck asked, looking for inspiration.

"I was thinking Sam. He's a nice guy, and though he's not really my type, it's not so insane that it's unbelievable."

"And how will you get Sam to take you?" Puck asked with an amused smirk. Only someone with a death-wish or Finn would date Rachel.

"OK, I know this is risky." Rachel hesitated, almost afraid to tell Puck the rest of her plan. "But I was thinking we tell him the plan."

"Are you crazy?" Puck asked in surprise. "What if he tells people? They won't understand why we're doing it! They'll just think we're mean and selfish!"

Rachel sighed. "I know, but we can give him the benefit of the doubt. Sam's a nice guy, I'm sure if we explain our plan to him and ask him kindly not to tell anyone he'll agree."

Puck sighed and ran hand through his mohawk. "You better be right." He said sternly.

"So, who are you going to take to prom?" Rachel asked, moving away from the hot seat.