Chapter 10

Finn and Quinn walked hand-in-hand towards the double doors that led to where prom was held. Things were awkward between them since they hadn't really talked much in the last few days. The only reason Quinn was attending prom with Finn was to win Prom Queen; and the only reason Finn was with Quinn was because he didn't want to let her down. He knew their relationship would end soon because if Quinn didn't end it, he would. However, the couple had been through a lot together, it seemed only right to share one last night together.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Finn asked as he stopped in front of the doors.

"Do what?"

"Go to prom with me." Finn said. "Things haven't been great between us recently and I'd understand if you wanted to go with someone else, or even alone."

"Finn, I know we're going through a rough patch, but I still care about you. We're going to win Prom King and Queen, if not as boyfriend and girlfriend, then as friends."

Finn nodded in understanding and smiled slightly. "OK, but I need to use the bathroom, I'll meet you in there."

Quinn nodded and entered the crowded room alone, leaving Finn in the corridor. He turned around and began walking down the hall towards the toilets. As he was walking, he caught sight of someone stood on their own by the lockers. He looked closer and saw it was Rachel. With a frown on his on his face, he changed direction and walked towards Rachel.

When she heard footsteps walking towards her, Rachel turned to see who it was, surprised when she saw Finn walking towards her.

"Well don't you look handsome in a suit?" She said with a smile.

"Thanks." Finn looked down at himself with a half-smile. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"I didn't really feel like dancing by myself." Rachel admitted, though not in a sad way.

"What happened to your date? I thought you were coming with Sam."

"I was going to." Rachel confirmed. "But I knew he'd rather go with Mercedes. They had some serious flirting going on."

Finn chuckled and looked down. "I'm sorry to here that."

"Don't be." Rachel brushed off. "I don't mind being alone, I just didn't have any friends in there either. And I felt like everyone was staring at me in this dress."

Rachel looked down at her dress as if it looked awful. Finn frowned and looked at her. She was wearing a pale pink dress that fit her body perfectly and fell to her ankles. It showed a small amount of cleavage, but not in a slutty way . HHer hair was curled and fell perfectly over one shoulder. She looked beautiful.

"What's wrong with the dress?" Finn asked in confusion.

"Nothing's wrong with the dress. It's me in the dress that's the problem."

"Are you kidding?" Finn asked with a smile. "Rachel, you look beautiful. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life right now."

Rachel looked down and blushed slightly. "Other than Quinn, of course."

"No." Finn shook his head and took a step towards Rachel. "She doesn't hold a candle to you."

Rachel blushed again and looked down to conceal her smile. "You're too sweet, Finn."

Before Finn could reply, he heard footsteps behind them. He turned around and saw Sam and Puck turning the corner. "There they are!" Sam said as if they had been looking for a while.

"What's going on?" Rachel asked curiously.

"I was coming to ask you if you'd like to dance with me?" Sam asked with a smile. "Just because you aren't my date doesn't mean we can't share a dance or two."