Chapter 1 - The Blind Boy

The walk home that day was... interesting.

———————

Izuku's PoV (Most of the book, heads up.)

I've walked this path so many times I could do it without my walking stick, hell I could probably walk it without a quirk. -which I was technically doing, stupid shoes- The path was so flat, unsurprising, perfect for a blind or quirkless kid. So when I passed under the bridge that was on the safest route home, I did not expect a manhole cover to be busted open by something.

I flinched away from the loud blast of the manhole cover shooting off its proper place. "Perfect timing kid, such an unassuming disguise!" I raised my hand and was about to put a wall in between me and the villain, but I was too late. My ankles were grabbed by something and were pulled from under me, my head slammed into the unforgiving concrete causing a loud ringing in my ears, if i could see there would be black spots in my vision. Thats a concussion!
I felt a slimy substance envelope me and try to force its way down my throat, I tried to bend it away -maybe it was water based?- but had no luck. I started choking, screaming, panicking, I tried to thrash around to get loose, I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness.

I bolt awake to light yet very rapid slapping on my left cheek, the person backs off. "I thought you were down for good! Good thing I showed up just in time!" I stand up and lean against the wall... is it All-Might..? "That villain had me chasing him through th- what are you doing young man?" I put my socks in my shoes, relishing in the feeling of the ground against my feet. It sounds like All-Might but I need to be sure. I stomp my foot, I see the vibrations start to travel up a large person's shoes a few feet in front of me. The vibrations perfectly outline the man, he looks like the couple of action figures I have in my room, and I almost faint.