Part 16 - Sports Festival; The Actual Festival

"Now, the representative for class 1-A will now start us off with some inspiring words! Midoriya, Izuku!" I sigh, knowing this would happen. I got first in the entrance exam, after all.

I walk up onto the stage and lean into the mic slightly, "...By how this Stadium sounded just a little bit ago, I'd say there are a lot of spectators here. Hopefully we'll all be able to show you what it means to go 'Plus Ultra.'" I lean away from the mic after a second, that seeming to be the cue for the crowd to cheer. I walk back to the blob of my classmates, getting some pats on the back and such from a few of them as I return to my spot in between Tsu and Ocha.

A loud whip crack rings across the stadium, presumably from Midnight's kink weapon, which silences everything. "Today's events are randomized, as every year's is so that participants don't have a heads up, but this time we have a giant wheel!" I hear Midnight yell out, "So, without further ado, the first event of this Sports Festival!" A crack of a whip, and then the sound of a spinning wheel. Its probably not an actual wheel, but I honestly am just keeping my sight close to me because I don't need a headache before this thing even starts.

"Its the Obstacle Race! All you participants will start at the exit to the stadium to my right, and then go around the stadium to the other side, all the while being hindered by some impressive hurdles! I wouldn't want to go tripping over any of these though, because only the top 42 of you to pass the finish line will move on to the second challenge!"

———————

"Our head three are rapidly approaching the last obstacle!"

"Get the fuck back half 'n half!!" "Hmph." I launch past and land, causing a tremor as I go back to earth surfing. "You're like a child, Katsuki!" I assume I knocked both them down with that move, as Katsuki's explosions continue.

"The Final Stretch is right past this field of land mines!" 'Fuck!' I launch off a pillar and quickly use air bending to make an air scooter, as I call it.
I land with my toes on the air ball, and completely blind. 'Fuck fuck fuck fuck, at least I won't activate the mines.'

I am so fuckin scared with my blindness right now. "GET BACK HERE DEKU!!" More intense explosions, damn. I also hear a fast approaching Todoroki, due to the noise his crackling ice makes when he creates it.

"Midoriya Izuku, the current first, has just passed the mine field! It seems that his two competitors have caught up since their little stumble at the beginning! It may come down to a photo finish if this pace keeps up!!" 'Ok, out of the minefield.' I jump off the cycle and turn mid-air. I aggressively raise my hands to make a wall roughly right in front of me. It raises and grazes my foot a little, but thats ok. 'Cause what qickly follows is two thuds. Then a very angry yell. I land and relish in the sight for half a second before running while slightly digging in my feet each step with bending.

I quickly cross the finish line and take heavy breaths once I fully enter the stadium.

———————

Woof, this is rather short. Sorry for that, wanted to get this out real quick so ya'll knew I didn't abandon it.