Chapter 5 - Q.A.T.

It feels nice outside.
My classmates are crowded around me. The girl I saved, Uraraka-chan, is standing in front of me and Iida-san is to her right, a midget with balls on his head is inching closer to recommendation girl, Yaoyorozu-san, behind me. The other recommendation kid, Todoroki, is to the far back. Kacchan is to the left of Uraraka-chan. The others are here, but I don't know their names. I only knew the two recommendation's names because Dad-Might™ told me them.

"What about the freshman orientation?" Uraraka-chan asks. Mr. Aizawa sighs before replying, "This is a hero school, heroes don't have time for orientation."
He pulls out a baseball sized object, "Katsuki Bakugo, what did you throw in middle school?"
"67 meters." Aizawa gestures to the concrete circle, Kacchan steps into the circle and gets handed the ball.
"Middle schools still act like quirks are unimportant, they prohibit the use of quirks during evaluations. Its close minded, idiotic. Quirks are the future, they are important to society. Hence why I am conducting this Quirk Apprehension Test. Bakugo, use your quirk to throw the ball, just stay in the circle." Aizawa backs away from Katsuki. He reels his arm back, then throws the ball with a massive explosion "DIE!!"

The students around me gape at the show of power, then they gasp at the result. "705.2 meters!?" Of course its that high, didn't anyone beside me and the Recco's over here even notice the explosion? Kacchan rejoins the group with a shit eating grin on his face.
"Oh, this is gonna be fun!" some normal looking girl says. Aizawa turns his head to the crowd. A small pause follows before he speaks, "Fun? Are you going to have three fun filled years here? What happened to being heroes?" Aizawa scoffs, "How about this, then. However scores last in these tests will be deemed hopeless and sent home. Expulsion is your motivator." Most of the students stand shocked, some voicing there concerns, such as the girl with horns. "That's so unfair!"

Aizawa goes off, "Unfair? Natural disasters, freak accidents, villain attacks, do any of those seem fair?"The class is silent. "Life is unfair. Heroes are here to accept that unfairness, then push against it as much as possible to protect innocent people." I sensed everyones new determination, including my own. Aizawa's words were hitting something within all of us. "Its a hero's job to face unfairness. Now lets get on with it."

50-Meter Dash
Iida-kun's 3.04 seconds was the time to beat, and I was surely aiming for that. I was put up against Kacchan, who just had to mumble something about U.A. accepting an useless blind deku, and I just really wanted to burn him to a crisp black. Too bad that wasn't allowed, so fire was out of the picture. To make a wind cycle would take up too much time, and water wasn't even considered. Earth it is yahoo!
"Go!" I pushed myself with a rock pillar that made me as parallel to the ground as possible, I caught myself with a wind cushion. This earned me second with 3.59, in between Iida's 3.04 and Kacchan's 4.13.

Grip Strength
This test was easy to deal with, I just encased my hand in rock and squeezed, I got a cool 63.9 kg. The multi-armed kid got first by a long shot, and helped solidify the ball midget as a perv in my mind.

Standing Long Jump
A good amount of the class flat out cleared the sandbox, me included, that it scared me somewhat.

Repeated side steps
No one can beat the midget.

Ball throw
Some highlights include; A kid with weird elbows shooting tape and using the ball like a discus, Iida kicking the ball, oh yeah Uraraka-chan got an INFINITY.
I walked into the circle, the ball in my left hand, my classmates eyes are on me. I breath and take a grounded stance, my right leg slightly back and digging into the ground. I ready my right hand into a fist. I throw up the ball then send my fist out, A slanted pillar of concrete mirrors my arm and slams the ball, sending it flying. I don't add to it, That was enough to get first in this test. "706.4 meters." I hear some noises of surprise, and an obvious growl of hatred.
"DEKU!" I put up a defensive rock wall that he smacks into.

For the long distance run I used a small rock pillar to get some height, then jumped onto the ground, bending it on impact, making a small indent then rising with the earth. I moved my arms and legs as if running, but the ground seemed to be a liquied that I was somehow running off of {Think of what Toph does after metal bending out of the cage, but some what smaller}. This kept me in a solid second place throughout. The seated toe touch and sit ups are self explanatory, nothing I could do that was quirk related.

At the end of it all we stood in a group again, Aizawa facing us.
"Here are the results, if I were you, I'd look over what was done and focus on improving those aspects." My classmates were looking at something. 'Dammit, its a hologram.' I raise my hand. Aizawa looks at me before sighing at himself, "Sorry, Midoriya." "It's alright, Mr. Aizawa."
My classmates eyes are on me, except for Katsuki's and surprisingly Yaoyorozu-san's and Todoroki-san's.
"Yaoyorozu is first, You are second, and Todoroki is third. The bottom three are Jiro, Hagakure, and last is Mineta." Aizawa replies with a hardly noticeable apologetic tone. Almost the whole class doesn't seem to have known I am blind.

I nod in gently, 'I got Second. Kacchan had to of been in the top 5 at least, but knowing I was that much better than him is awesome.'
"He's blind?" The majority of the class exclaims. Yaoyorozu is the one who answers, "Its obvious, didn't any of you see his eyes, or notice how he taps his feet and stomps often?" That's why she's recommendation.

Aizawa caught everyones attention again, and the apparent ADHD of my entire class focused back on the whole 'Last place goes home crying' angle. The midget, Mineta-kun as I now know, is crying like crazy. poor kid. Our whole class seems sorry for the boy even if he is kinda creepy.
"Don't cry about it, it was all a ruse to get you to do your best." It was dead silent, I thought that everyone was broken. "A RUSE!?" Mineta yells. I wasn't in trouble so I really didn't care if it was a ruse or not, but Yaoyorozu saw this coming with her impeccable analyzation skills. again.

When Aizawa leaves I notice another person peeking around the corner, It looks like All Might but I don't get a good 'look' at them, and I assume they were watching the whole time.

The rest of the day was a normal orientation day, lessened class periods and basic introductions to the teachers and subjects, except my classmates would intermittently ask me questions about my sight or my quirk. It wasn't really annoying, but I would have rather explained it to all of them at once rather than a couple at a time.