Chapter 12 - Aftermath of the U.S.J. Incident

The realization hit once the villains were taken care of. My 'sight' gave out as I delved into my own mind. I leaned against Tsu and she let out a questioning ribbit but still held me up as we walked to the entrance.

'What was that..? It was different than the entrance exam... it felt wrong yet I was enjoying it... If that thing didn't have a regeneration ability like that, it would have been completely dead... I made that man use his quirk on himself... I was laughing...'

———————

the rest of the students were rounded up and we were all taken outside to be treated. Not many students were hurt, and those that were had minor burns and cuts. I wouldn't let anyone except for Tsu, Ocha-chan, and Iida touch me, I just couldn't. Tsu informed the other two of a watered down version of the events and all three whole heartedly tried to help me.

I couldn't feel any better about what I'd done. I still don't.

"Izu, its time to get up!" Mom doesn't know the full extent of what happened, and I know I'm worrying her with my silence, but she doesn't push for answers. We got a couple days off due to the incident, and the group of three that allowed near me have been the only ones that I have been talking to. I'm grateful that they are talking to me, but I don't see why. What I did was in of itself villainous.

I get knocked out of my reflecting thoughts by a ringtone consisting of frog croaking coming from my phone that rests on my desk across the room. I groan softly and regretfully get myself out of my cocoon of blanket and sad. I adjust my baggy green, I've been told, shorts as I trudge towards the fairly empty desk.

I tap the near bottom of the phone screen then what I've memorized as the speaker button. "Hello, Izu-chan, did I wake you, ribbit?" I silently slip off the baggy shorts and respond in a raspy voice, "No, you did get me out of my thoughts though." This was our two day routine, Tsu would call me in the morning to chat, then Ocha-chan later on, then Iida, then a group call before we went to sleep. It was nice.

But now school calls again and we must attend.

"Good to hear. I can't wait to see everyone at school today, ribbit." I hum in agreement and slip on some clean U.A. uniform pants.

———————

The moment I walk into the classroom I'm bombarded by all my worried classmates, not including the three I talked to during the break. "Midori, you had us all worried!" Toru worriedly yells out in front of me. I mutter out a gentle sorry and Toru's face shifts into that of worry. Tsu appears in front of me and gently grabs my hand, "I think Izu-chan needs some space, ribbit." She pulls me towards my desk and the crowd parts to allow us through. Once I sit Iida and Ocha-chan join Tsu in standing around me. All their body language says that they're relieved at me being fully intact.

"Deku, how are you feeling?" Ocha-chan asks in a semi-cheerful voice. I respond in a deadpan tone "Well, better then I was a couple days ago." Iida stiffly nods, "that is good to hear. I will admit, I was rather worried when I heard you went up against the villains. I am glad that we had those calls." I nod and so does the two girls.

"We should get seated now, class is about to start." Iida informs the two others, whom then nod and go to their seats. "I wonder who will be replacing Mr. Aizawa, ribbit." I hear Tsu inquire amongst the muttering. 'Well, Aizawa is the kind of guy to show up no matter what.'

Then the door opens, and I was right.