Flashback Episode

[Filler, because I'm horrible at writing and feel bad about the long wait for this book.]

It was a friend hangout. This time neither at a park nor Iida's house, but Tsuyu's home. Currently, the gang and I are sitting on the couch in Tsu's living room as her little sister watches a show and her brother angsts in his room. I mean, I guess that is what her brother is doing... is he old enough to properly angst..? Does Tsu have to take care for an angsty pre-teen and a little girl? That sounds like hell. Is Tsu actually a bad ass? Do I now like Tsu more? Is Tsu's sister baby? "Izu-kun, your bending your water, kero." "Oh." I hold my glass up and carefully place the water back in. "Why were you making Tsu-chan's face, Deku-kun?" Ocha asks with a mischievous tone. "I was thinking about how she looks after an angsty pre-teen and little girl and how that must be hell to deal with." Its silent, sans the tv and Tsu's sister, before Ocha audibly shudders. You know what that means.

"It is rather commendable that you are able to take care of your siblings and still maintain school work and relaxation time." Iida comments in his usual way, with arm movements. I know this because I can hear his arms cutting through the air. "They aren't that bad, kero."

I sit back into the comfy couch, letting Ocha-chan switch the subject and letting my friends talk as I interject here and there. 'The sports festival. Thats going to be rather rough, huh? It always ends in a tournament fight and, no matter what, I'll be forced against at least one of my friends head on. Who knows what the two events leading up to that will be. I trust in my abilities to get by whatever they throw my way, but I am still concerned about heroes not picking me because of my 'disability'... eh. Ya know what, if they think my non functioning eyes are an issue, then, who needs them?' I nod to myself and listen back into the conversation.

"What is your type, Iida-kun?" Ocha asks unashamedly. I choke along with him.

———————

"I am very impressed, Uraraka-kun!! In just a week and a half you have become several times better at math!" Iida's voice comes through my phone, sounding as excited as when he's instructing our class. "Thanks Iida-kun! You guys are really the impressive ones though!" "Iida-kun is the most impressive though. Him and I are so close in grades, but he is just a better teacher than I." I say in a woeful tone, causing Tsu to giggle a little, "Its true, kero." I make a hurt noise. Iida seemingly ignores my dramatasisms, "Well, It is time for me to go to sleep. I shall see you all at school tomorrow." "I'll be going now too!" Ocha follows up. I hear the distinct sound of hanging up, and I'm about to myself before Tsu speaks up. "Izu-chan, would you like to hang out sometime after the sports festival? Just you and me, kero." "Um... Sure, but what is with this all of a sudden? Not to sound rude about it." There is a long pause of silence where I assume she is thinking over her inevitably blunt answer. "I want to make sure if I have a crush on you, kero." ............... "Yeah, ok. Cool, sure, we can hang out together. Bye." I quickly press my phone screen, a sound telling me I successfully hung up. I hate the heat on my face.