Stacy

Key Six: Stacy:

Stacy looked at her nails.

"She's starting to see the visions, isn't she?" she asked. Lavi froze, staring at her with big eyes.

"I see," Stacy said. She paused when she heard him mumbling. "Hm?"

"Spare me," Lavi muttered. The demon tilted her head.

"Why so grumpy?" she asked. The angel snorted. Stacy made a face at him.

"Oh!" she said. "Baby mama troubles? She knows about your little secret, doesn't she? Did you tell her?"

"Shut up!" he snapped.

"Ooo! I'm right!"

"Don't you ever shut up?"

Stacy snickered as she grinned. Lavi rolled his eyes. Did she always have to smack the hornets' nest around him? Her neck was in full view too.

"Remember, if you kill the vessel, you won't really kill me," Stacy said. "This body is already dead." Lavi clicked his tongue and snorted. The demon smiled like a hungry cat.

"Come on," she said. "At least it's out now."

"That's not what I'm worried about," Lavi said, glaring. Stacy went quiet as she leaned on his shoulder.

"You've heard the whispers too?" she asked. He glanced at her.

"Whispers?" he asked. She looked up at him with genuine surprise.

"You haven't?" she asked. "Damn! You really are cut off from Heaven, aren't you?"

"I was in a war, remember?"

"I know, I know."

"What about the whispers?"

"The Woman in Red is looking for your baby."

"What?!" The color drained from Lavi's face. He fanatically shook his head. "That... That... That can't be possible."

"I'm afraid so." Her tone did little to put him at ease. Lavi's stomach turned.

"Well... can't we stop it?" he asked.

"No," she said. "I'm so sorry." Her tone let him know that she wasn't joking around with him. Lavi lowered his eyes.

"Give it to me straight," he said. "How bad is it?" She took him by the hands.

"Really bad," she said. Lavi trembled as he let go of her hands. This was just like the time when he was going to war.

-Eight Years Ago-

"This is not a good idea," Stacy said. Lavi narrowed his eye at her.

"What do you know?" he asked. The angel put on his robes.

"This war will only spread the poison faster," she said.

"This world was already dying," he said. "We can be able to stop this with this war." The demon pressed her lips together as her eyes shifted away.

"Haven't you wondered why some of the units have gone missing?" she asked. Lavi raised his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" he asked. Stacy reached into her vessel's nurse bag and pulled out a stack of papers.

"Here," she said. "You didn't get these from me." Lavi gave her a strange look.

"Where did you get these?" he asked.

"Don't ask questions!" she said. "Just read the document." Lavi took a step back.

"You're scaring me," he said. The angel hoped that she was playing another stupid joke on him. The look on her face told him otherwise. Instead, Stacy bowed.

"Good day, Lavi," she said. The demon vanished into thin air. He didn't read the papers that day, but he kept them well-hidden in his room.

-Present Day-

Lavi looked down at Stacy. "I don't understand it."

"Understand what?" Stacy asked.

"Why do you care about me so much?" he asked. The demon shrugged her shoulders.

"I like you, I guess," she said. "I don't know. You were pretty fun in bed. For a virgin, of course." Lavi turned to her with bright red cheeks.

"What?!" he cried. Stacy smiled once again. She tapped him on the nose.

"And don't worry," the demon said. "That lawyer woman I possessed enjoyed that night too. I just gave her a night away from her boring, loveless marriage." Lavi tried not to scream as she broke into hearty laughter. But then, she stopped.

"Okay, seriously," Stacy said. "Please be careful."

"I understand," Lavi said. The demon stood up and bowed. As she vanished into thin air, Lavi felt that sinking feeling turn in his stomach.